Cheap Chinese radio build

TheAssassin

War Hero
The chinks said they could do HS2 in 5 years, the new Huawei 5G system for British broadband is a Chinese system, in which they want to have a controlling share in. Chinese nuclear power stations can and have been built many times quicker than conventional Brit-foriegn consortium ones. Hinckley point is a good example of cost and time over runs.
Edit:- The French and Chinese* have both committed to help in the spiralling costs of Hinckley point, the worlds most complex and expensive nuclear power station, started in 1995, and still not completed.

*They will want a return on their investment, as will the French. one guess where that comes from!
Am sure there was a post on ArRSe few years back about the Panama Canal, where there was serious complaints about the Chinese workmanship on upgrades that were needing remedial work, whereas the 100 year-old American built sections were still more durable than new Chinese work.

Shame the instructions aren't in Gaelic otherwise we'd have a ready made expert of everyting including barracks surveillance devices available...

I'e fallen over at the resistor stage...my eyesight is too bad to see the colour codes and..Many of them (from what I can see) are not actually coded conforming to usual pattern.
This calls for multimeter...can't be arsed at this time.

I'e fallen over at the resistor stage...my eyesight is too bad to see the colour codes and..Many of them (from what I can see) are not actually coded conforming to usual pattern.
Good idea. Make sure you put them in the right way.
It always looks best when you can read the colours from left to right or from top down. ;)

Bear in mind that small inductors may also look like resistors.

Got this far so far...and my eyes have gone slitty eyed:

View attachment 451077

Cpacitors identified and put in...now for a bit of soldering...

This very likely isn't going to work ya'know :)
An O.M. with a soldering iron is like an officer with a map.

philc

LE
Next week @supermatelot tries his hand at a Amazon purchased home made Chinese Nuclear reactor.

Hit another problem. What should be a 210mFarrad capacitor has been helpfully substituted with a transistor of some sorts. In some old electric junk I can see I’ve a 400mFarrad and 100mFarad one I could butcher.

Bearded brethren - what would the implications be of substituting, considering it’s a cheapo radio to be run off 2 aa batteries?

Latest Threads