Cheap Chinese radio build

Bought a cheap self-build thing on Amazon. To further my knowledge, and to hopefully pass on some to my son.

It's a CF210SP model.

Here's the unboxing:
2020-02-19 19.34.54.jpg

2020-02-19 19.35.54.jpg

Let's see how this goes... :)

@Roadster280 @Joshua Slocum

GET USED TO THE SCRIPT CHAPS, AS ALL THE SCHEMATICS FOR NEW HS2 ARE LIKELY TO BE IN CHINEASE, IF THE GUTTER PRESS IS ANYTHING TO GO BY, AS ARE A FEW NUCLER POWER STATIONS, AND THE NEW BROADBAND SYSTEM THATS COMING ON STREAM. ..CHINEASE IS THE NEW BLACK.....ALLEDGELY!

F*** it, its all in upper case, I'm not typing it all out again!

UKTAP

LE
GET USED TO THE SCRIPT CHAPS, AS ALL THE SCHEMATICS FOR NEW HS2 ARE LIKELY TO BE IN CHINEASE, IF THE GUTTER PRESS IS ANYTHING TO GO BY, AS ARE A FEW NUCLER POWER STATIONS, AND THE NEW BROADBAND SYSTEM THATS COMING ON STREAM. ..CHINEASE IS THE NEW BLACK.....ALLEDGELY!

F*** it, its all in upper case, I'm not typing it all out again!
Face. Arms. Speech. Time to call 999.

I'm assuming you've got a honking grid, like a melted welly, and your speech appears to be undiluted shite. How are your arms?

Can't quite make it out, let me get some suitable eyewear

racist-sunglasses.jpg

Yokel

LE
You could just use the circuit schematic but I wonder if you have any other documentation? The PCB itself may be marked to show component locations - IC1, R1, C1, and so on.

You could also try Googling things like the different chips. Each one will have suggested circuit and possibly information from manufacturers.

Face. Arms. Speech. Time to call 999.

I'm assuming you've got a honking grid, like a melted welly, and your speech appears to be undiluted shite. How are your arms?

The chinks said they could do HS2 in 5 years, the new Huawei 5G system for British broadband is a Chinese system, in which they want to have a controlling share in. Chinese nuclear power stations can and have been built many times quicker than conventional Brit-foriegn consortium ones. Hinckley point is a good example of cost and time over runs.
Edit:- The French and Chinese* have both committed to help in the spiralling costs of Hinckley point, the worlds most complex and expensive nuclear power station, started in 1995, and still not completed.

*They will want a return on their investment, as will the French. one guess where that comes from!

Last edited:

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Don’t do it. Once it’s finished the Chinese government will use it to listen to your every move and steal your dits.

Don’t do it. Once it’s finished the Chinese government will use it to listen to your every move and steal your dits.
Will they brainwash him into abusing anyone who uses a knife and fork instead of chopsticks? He could be the Manchurian Matelot.

For someone who's very keen to have a go at the beard and sandals brigade at every opportunity, @supermatelot has some pretty geeky pastimes...

Yokel

LE
Will they brainwash him into abusing anyone who uses a knife and fork instead of chopsticks? He could be the Manchurian Matelot.
The PRC intelligence service will be listening for any tips on how to keep warships on operations for extended periods, and will be trying to make him deal with emergency calls in accordance with Communist priorities.

For someone who's very keen to have a go at the beard and sandals brigade at every opportunity, @supermatelot has some pretty geeky pastimes...
DIY electronics is not as geeky or weird as many pastimes.

Got this far so far...and my eyes have gone slitty eyed:

2020-02-19 21.05.52.jpg

Cpacitors identified and put in...now for a bit of soldering...

This very likely isn't going to work ya'know :)

Latest Threads