Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Cheap alternative to Maximuscle Cyclone?

????

Swinger
I know that there are many threads already concerning protein supplements etc, but I am yet to find a specific answer to this question.

Is their a cheaper product, or combination of products that will provide an alternative to Maximuscle Cyclone? Cyclone I have found to be quiet good, but is very expensive, especially considering that a tub will only last about 10 days.

Each Serving of Cyclone contains:
60g of protein per daily serving - virtually zero lactose
10g of creatine and 10g of glutamine peptides
80mg of 97% Beta-Ecdysterone
3000mg of HMB™ (Enzymatic Metabolites of Leucine)
Contains Nitrogain™ (a power blend of: Taurine, NAC, Chromium Polynicotinate and Orotic acid)

Thanks in advance,

Myprotein do something called Hurricane which is meant to be similar.

It was the reason that Cyclone tastes like sick that put me off.

Ive been after some decent supplements for a while, this site looks right - decent ingredients, good price etc. but theres so many varieties and formulas i dont have a clue which to go for. What would be best for all round cardio and upper body strength? :?

Yeah in an ideal world, but due to work constraints etc. sometimes its not possible to get all the protein and carbs i need , hence looking for decent supplements :roll:

1ManRiot said:
www.myprotein.co.uk

They have formulas to match or you can create your own blend. Much better quality, much better value.

1MR thats a f***ing brilliant link. I just cannot believe such a thing exists its too perfect. Thanks!

J.

Never tried supplements before, but after extensive research and on the recommendation of others on here, I decided I'd give it a go.

Ordered some magic powders from Myprotein on Friday afternoon, delivered yesterday!

Cheap and fast, can't wait to get stuck into the stuff!

get yourself out on TELIC; vials of Iranian steroids are being found alles uber der platz!

As with all these suppliments, fine if you can cope with the eventual endstate of the bulked muscle turning to - lots of - fat. And that endstate will come as soon as you stop pumping iron. So what? Either a lifetime as a hostage of the gym, or get onto a more balanced aerobic/anaerobic mix more suited to the Army.

Lead_Isotope said:
get yourself out on TELIC; vials of Iranian steroids are being found alles uber der platz!

As with all these suppliments, fine if you can cope with the eventual endstate of the bulked muscle turning to - lots of - fat. And that endstate will come as soon as you stop pumping iron. So what? Either a lifetime as a hostage of the gym, or get onto a more balanced aerobic/anaerobic mix more suited to the Army.
I can't tell if you're joking/trolling or not, but as its likely you're not, I'll rise to your post.

Supplements don't = muscle. Fact.
Muscle doesn't turn to fat. Fact. It is a physiological impossibility.
The original poster never mentioned his goals, so why assume he isn't training aerobically and anaerobically (which ironically, weight training is)?
Supplements are just that, they are simply food in a different state from which we normally eat it with a view to creating a food source that provides a specific role (for example, fast absorption, additional microminerals, so on).

I am a firm believer that a rich, complete diet is the key factor of effective recovery and development, but the question was a simple one and rather than patronise and push my ideas on someone, I will assume they have their diet and training suited and thus supplement this with products that provide convenience to those who have busy lifesytles or wish to take things that little bit more seriously?

Completely supporting 1MR

I do have a query about the original post - 60g of protein per daily portion ? is that one portion ? thats a waste! your body can only absorb around 35g at a time!

Thanks for the links, I’m going to take a look at the MyProtein site.

I am not looking to bulk up like a body builder; I am looking to gain strength.
If you look at my other posts will understand what I am training towards.

Essentially my training involves massive amounts of cardio, combined with strength training. Due to the large amount of cardio training that I am doing I am finding it difficult to gain muscle mass despite frequently doing strength work, that is why I am looking for an effective supplement.

Thanks again for the help.

gingwarr said:
Myprotein do something called Hurricane which is meant to be similar.

It was the reason that Cyclone tastes like sick that put me off.

Quoted for the truth. I got Maximusle Cyclone orange i had to send it back. I just couldn't drink it made me want to throw up from the taste and the smell was off putting as well. Now i just don't use anything.