Cheap accommodation near heathrow airport, please!

Discussion in 'RAC' started by queenshussar, Oct 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi need a bit of help finding overnight accommodation near Heathrow at the end of next month for 15 soldiers. Hopefully a TA barracks within spitting distance. Phone number would be helpful. Cheers

2. An 18 x 24 ?

Sorry, feeling grumpy today (it's my birthday - i'm allowed to be :D )

3. Cavalry Barracks, Hounslow. Look it up!

4. Try RAF Uxbridge.

5. That's helpful

6. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Try this:

http://www.tanearyou.org.uk/

There aren't that many TA Units around there any more, I'm afraid. Closest I can think of offhand are Kingston (RAMC), or possibly the Military Music School at Kneller Hall.

7. There used to be an Engineers TA barracks in Heston that used to house soldiers passing through, but its now been replaced by a tiny CCF building and a hotel for asylum seekers!

There are a shed-load of small hotels run by the locals...not much to look at but they are always willing to haggle the price down.

Hounslow Barracks should have space (Worcestershire and Sherwood Foresters Regiment, 29/45 foot, now 2nd Bat Mercian) and i'm sure they'd love some RAC boys on their turf.

Try the Earl Haig pub just down the road from there if you do stay at hounslow (opposite Hounslow West Tube) - nice place for a drink or 9.

...Failing that you could try the aptly named "The Hussar" at the top of the road if your are looking for ganja-fuelled fisticuffs! :roll:

8. Tried the HCR at Windsor? Not spitting distance but at least they speak your language and have a duty driver.

9. They also have the habit of knicking anything you bring in with you and /or trying to jail at least one of you :x

10. So?

Knightsbridge Barracks in...erm????
    they always have some nice accommodation and its handy for the train.
    Oh yeah they like to jail at least one of you too :roll:

11. And of course nicking anything you bring in with you and selling their bottoms in the Red Lion on Brewer Street

12. Poncho and issue Bomb!

13. my mums back garden , bring your own tent..

14. London Transit Centre, RAF Uxbridge. Less than 5 miles from Heathrow.

15. my mums garden is right on the fence line A30.. spitting distance to hatton cross...