Chaz Hodge RIP

Not my cup of tea, but they played a few Blackpool and Morecambe Punk festivals, as a bit of a wildcard. I saw them in The Dome at Morecambe, while I was waiting for The Business to come on next.
I just have to say that, although I now know different, your username makes me think of this bloke who was a punk but is now a chartered accountant and drives a Volvo. And has a speech impediment.

******* brilliant sir!!!! My rebroken ribs were just getting better and I think you've made me pop them again!!! Can't be sure until tomorrow and a brief spell of reality before the usual chemical breakfast...
(LOL so this is what my upstairs neighbours were up to...)

For your ailment can I recommend whatever it is these guys are on? And some for me as well please.

Guess that he won't be going down to Margate anymore.
RiP.

They were very good session musicans for many top acts...... why they needed to get into some gor blimey b*ll*x I'll never know?

This is them backing ole' Labs.....

Last edited:
They were very good sessision musicans for many top acts...... why they needed to get into some gor blimey b*ll*x I'll never know?
You'll never get rich working as a session muso unless you're working flat out. You get the Musicians' Union rate for the job and that's it. They made a fortune as Chas & Dave, especially as they wrote most of the stuff so kept the royalties as well.

I recognise that electric piano hook that starts about half way through the Labi Siffre thing. It was sampled by Eminem in 'My Name Is....'.

At my age there is no way I should know that

Manged to see them in Birmingham when they supported the mighty Quo a few years ago. They got a bit lost in the NIA, but they were a tight little band. I suppose they would be after 40 odd years together.

You'll never get rich working as a session muso unless you're working flat out. You get the Musicians' Union rate for the job and that's it. They made a fortune as Chas & Dave, especially as they wrote most of the stuff so kept the royalties as well.

I recognise that electric piano hook that starts about half way through the Labi Siffre thing. It was sampled by Eminem in 'My Name Is....'.

At my age there is no way I should know that
For sure.

What I meant was that they could have played contempary music in a band, say with Ian Dury for example and not Cockney shit that even embarrassed us sarf lundeners . ...and Yep, Eminem did sample it.

5 samples were taken from that song and used by Rappers.....

For sure.

What I meant was that they could have played contempary music in a band, say with Ian Dury for example and not Cockney shit that even embarrassed us sarf lundeners . ...and Yep, Eminem did sample it.

5 samples were taken from that song and used by Rappers.....
I think their old mate Albert Lee (he's in the Xmas vid) did alright for himself. He was the go-to guitar guy on the US country scene. So much so that he moved out there permanently years ago. Not bad for a Limey.