chavs imprison and kill vulnerable man.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jibman, Jul 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. this beggars belief,lets hope they get their come uppance in the nick.

Three jailed over shed prisoner

Victim made hostage video
    Three people who kept an epileptic man prisoner in a garden shed in Gloucestershire for six weeks have been jailed at Bristol Crown Court.
    Kevin Davies, 29, was found dead by paramedics at a house in Badgers Way, Bream on 26 September 2006.

Amanda Baggus, who owned the shed, and her boyfriend David Lehane have been sentenced to 10 years in prison.

Scott Andrews, who helped Baggus and Lehane keep Mr Davies prisoner, was sentenced to nine years.

In her diary Baggus wrote about the punishments they inflicted on Kevin Davies and noted his cries for help.

'Systematic torture'

They also made a hostage-style video of him in which they forced him to say he was being "fed perfectly".

In fact he was being fed only scraps.

The trio repeatedly tortured Kevin Davies in the shed

"The circumstances as a whole are extraordinary and the video you might expect to see come out of the Middle East but certainly not the Forest of Dean," said Det Chief Insp Geoff Brookes of Gloucestershire Police.

Ian Pringle, prosecuting, told the court that Mr Davies had been treated like an animal by the trio.

"He had been assaulted, he had been beaten and he had effectively been kept like a dog in a locked garden shed at night.

"In short, the last few months of this man's life must have been utterly miserable and inhumane.

"There was bruising to the right upper arm, to the left upper arm, to both legs, to the lower jaw both left and right, and there were burn marks which a pathologist described could have been caused by a hot knife.

"There was also a burn mark which could have been caused by a corrosive liquid. There were fractures to his ribs and he had suffered a fractured larynx.

"Burn marks covered 10% of the victim's body area."

'Truly appalling'

Kevin Davies had known both Lehane and Baggus for some years, but fell out with them after a car crash in May last year.

The court heard that Baggus had blamed Mr Davies after a car had overturned and that it was this incident that was to kick-start their systematic torture and abuse of the victim.

Kevin Davies was kept inside the shed for six weeks

Originally the trio were charged with murder but the charge was dropped after experts ruled it was impossible to say whether Mr Davies' epilepsy could have contributed to his death.

Lehane, 35, and Baggus, 26, both from Badgers Way, and Andrews, 27, of Hathaway Close, Gloucester, all pleaded guilty in May to false imprisonment and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

Sentencing the three, the judge at Bristol Crown Court said: "Kevin Davies had been a vulnerable young man, gullible and naive."

He also told the three that what they had done was "truly appalling and utterly inhumane."

2. Just when you think society had shown you it's full bag of nasty tricks, something happens to lower the bar even further. :(

3. Sometimes Sharia Law doesn't look so bad though I don't know what ****s like that would get. I'd actually suggest an old Mongol punishment of locking them into small packing crates which aren't long enough to lay down in or tall enough to stand up in with only a small hole to let in light and air. Dregs of humanity.

4. Seconded. I like the Mongal's idea a lot better than 10 years in one of HM's Holiday Camps - with 5 years off for good behaviour. :x

5. Let's hope the irony of that doesn't escape the parole board.

6. You know when your kids are really young and bite you? And you bite back, to show how much it hurts? They learn their lesson a lot better than just a telling off. I feel lessons could be learned in this case by making them endure what they thought would be fun to dish out. Lock them in a shed, burn them at random intervals with chemicals and welding irons, and give them a good shoeing every day for a month. That'll learn em.

Oh, and then jail them.

7. I just dont understand the thinking that they were originally tried for Murder untilt the victims Epilipsy came into it, even if he died of an epiliptic fit while in that shed it was still their fault !!

Lets tie them to the back of a Wagon and go for a drive along some gravelly roads .. and a lake.

8. And there you have it folks, the true meaning of evil. Small, petty men with too much time on their hands and a taste of power over the helpless.

If ever there was a case for a death penalty involving duration and pain, this is it.

11. ...but enough about the prime minister! About this case...

12. I tried to think of something to add to this. Something to express my disgust. Then I thought I'd add something funny and/or sick

I couldn't. They're scum and I hope they are met by Big Ron who has a disabled sister/cousin/bum boy. And I hope he makes them wish that THEY died in a shed!

13. b]i wonder why the man,s family didn,t pursue his whereabouts with more vigour[/b].[/quote]

according to the local news his dad died and he'd asked them to take care of him

this man clearly had mental health problems/ learning difficulites and it makes you wonder why such a person wasn't better looked after by the state, prehaps even in some kind of home ?

14. according to the local news his dad died and he'd asked them to take care of him

this man clearly had mental health problems/ learning difficulites and it makes you wonder why such a person wasn't better looked after by the state, prehaps even in some kind of home ?[/quote]

In a home......wouldnt of had much of a life in one of those, more an existence.

Pure evil what these people did, one person doing this would of been enough but there were 3 of them doing it. They wernt real friends, real friends would never torture you. These 3 are the ones with mental health problems and no doubt use diminshed responsibility or someother 'get out of jail free' card. Seems to be alot of them floating about.

15. ... heard it on radio 4 news - this is absolutely disgusting.

... aren't these the types of chavscum Camoron (and the quiet man :roll: ) wish to bribe into being nice people who will do charitable work - we'd be better off if he put the money into sterilising that b@stards!