Chavs, Goths and Walts!!!

From today's Grauniad On-line

Track's Article Link

Goths and chavs go to war in the woods in attempt to keep the peace on the streets

Council defuses town centre tension with organised BB gun battles between teenagers

Peterborough's Cathedral Square yesterday afternoon. The scene of regular standoffs between gangs of marauding chavs and goths. Apart from the patter of shoppers' feet on hot paving stones, it's quiet, too quiet.
Ten miles away, at a secret location in the Cambridgeshire countryside, it is a different story. Startled wood pigeons crash through the trees at the sound of plastic ball bearing guns as the city's chavs and goths run through the undergrowth taking pot shots at each other.

War games do not appear the most obvious way to bring together these teenage tribes, as distinctive and implacably opposed to each other as the mods and rockers of the 1960s. But Peterborough city council is hoping that a new scheme, in which they take unruly chavs and goths on "airsoft" war games, will bring a truce to the trouble in Cathedral Square.
I would have thought a good beasting would do the job just as well and possibly have a longer term result. Fine, taking them off the streets to 'release pent up energy', but then allowing them to play with even toy weapons is probably sending the wrong message - all sorts of wrong messages. Wasn't there a case the other day of some Chav apparently terrorising a shopping street by training a BB weapon around? Good idea, bad execution.

Chavs are bad news, full stop. The fact that a group of people labelled chavs have done anything remotely community-spirited reveals that they are not, in fact, chavs at all. More like ChavWalts, by the sound of it. I dont think getting a few of the watered-down ones to play airsoft makes it any more likely that you'll see incidents of BB guns in shopping malls. Airsoft 'weapons' require no training - they are, essentially very dangerous toys. Its all about the will/stupidity to brandish one in a public place. Not even chavs are daft enough to think that because they are involved in a community initiative, it is a good excuse to take one out in public. Such an event could very well end in tragedy (bad idea, good execution), and as chavs are all about self-preservation, I think these ChavWalts might be a little more careful.

Got to love my home town. This problem has been going on for years in Peterbourgh. Some of the estates are the poorest in the UK. It's fun being the square on a Saturday afternoon watching the great unwashed and gob shi'ites going for each other. Even better is watching the chav girls fight amongst themselves.

Biscuits_AB said:
Knives and axes and shallow mass graves.

Do us all a favour.
And film it for the education of all.

Biscuits_AB said:
Knives and axes
I am currently based near Peterborough (though thankfully not for much longer). There is no shortage of use of the above weapons, due mainly to the Government's policy of housing so many Iraqi, Kurdish and East European asylum seekers in the town, to add to the many illegals.

B

Biscuits_AB

Set the Chavs against the Asylum seekers......winner stays on and takes on the Goths, winner stays on and takes on whoever else. Only rules are , bring your own tools and play up the table after a foul shot.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fish and Chips The Intelligence Cell 8
Provost The NAAFI Bar 167
Exploding_Blancmange The Intelligence Cell 11