Chavs Army

Fish and Chips

On ROPS
On ROPs
UK uses museum tanks, civilians to simulate ‘Putin launching WWIII’ – reports

Did a quick search and have not seen this mentioned. I know its RT but there is a link to the Mail so at latest some of it must be true, but I can't believe the Army would "hire" people to play the enemy from job centres, or that it would have to go to private collectors to get their antique tanks, say its no true.

Ok I'll help you out "It's not true" I hope you feel better now

If it is true that means there are doleys now with more military experience than Spider.

Did a quick search and have not seen this mentioned. I know its RT but there is a link to the Mail so at latest some of it must be true, but I can't believe the Army would "hire" people to play the enemy from job centres, or that it would have to go to private collectors to get their antique tanks, say its no true.
You link RT and the Wail and this means you think it means truth?

It's a completely spun story - it is the 3 Div validation exercise for one of its brigades - nothing to see here, move along.

Playing the part of the “invaders,” were“Gurkhas and civilians found using a recruitment agency” – a move motivated by cuts in the Army

A recruitment agency is not really the job centre, (but an agency may advertise at a job centre)

I think it's fairly common, or has happened more than a few times, to have 'actors' brought into exercises / training, such as casualties or to be the enemy/locals
They do mention 'motivated by cuts in the army', but is it not a bit more realistic to have ethnic people when preparing to go to Afghanistan, Iraq etc with the advantage of 'good civilians' and 'terrorists' being not so obvious a distinction, and so that they have the right kind of mannerism to familiarise those being trained.

Gurkhas & civilians, instead of soldiers ?
So that's Gurkhas who are part of the army, unless they mean Nepalese civilians that are ex Gurkhas or families

Where they are civilians brought in as actors from an agency, its a bit of vfm because the extra people are brought in for a specific period of time rather than having a unit dedicated to perform a basic opposition role, when they could be doing their own soldiering, training or 'resting' after operations

With the tank museum - isn't an element of military museums purpose to give reference material etc to the current army, hence supported elements of many regimental museums?

Fish and Chips

On ROPS
On ROPs
Playing the part of the “invaders,” were“Gurkhas and civilians found using a recruitment agency” – a move motivated by cuts in the Army

A recruitment agency is not really the job centre, (but an agency may advertise at a job centre)

I think it's fairly common, or has happened more than a few times, to have 'actors' brought into exercises / training, such as casualties or to be the enemy/locals
They do mention 'motivated by cuts in the army', but is it not a bit more realistic to have ethnic people when preparing to go to Afghanistan, Iraq etc with the advantage of 'good civilians' and 'terrorists' being not so obvious a distinction, and so that they have the right kind of mannerism to familiarise those being trained.

Gurkhas & civilians, instead of soldiers ?
So that's Gurkhas who are part of the army, unless they mean Nepalese civilians that are ex Gurkhas or families

Where they are civilians brought in as actors from an agency, its a bit of vfm because the extra people are brought in for a specific period of time rather than having a unit dedicated to perform a basic opposition role, when they could be doing their own soldiering, training or 'resting' after operations

With the tank museum - isn't an element of military museums purpose to give reference material etc to the current army, hence supported elements of many regimental museums?
The whole thing was an embarrassing sham, I bet even the yanks had a laugh at that and, to even suggest that the Russians were not the enemy that they had in mind just shows what utter idiots are in charge.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer

May I refer you to the third item in my signature block.

Since when is it a sham to use actors for exercise roles? It is far more realistic then having a few RM wearing a shemagh and crowding round your vehicle shouting "Biscuit! Biscuit!"

Quite a few amputees are used for training purposes, make up is used to create realistic looking wounds. You now see medics training with these guys who look to have horrific wounds and are screaming blue murder.

The closer you can make it to the real thing the better.

Oh wait, it is spider and he has no idea what he is talking about.