Chavez tells UN Bush is devil

Apparently before his speech, he crossed himself!! 8O

From the BBC

Chavez tells UN Bush is 'devil'
Venezuela's leader Hugo Chavez has called US President George W Bush as "the devil" in a speech at the United Nations General Assembly.
"The devil came here yesterday," he said, referring to Mr Bush's speech on Tuesday. "It still smells of sulphur today," he added.

US state department spokesman Tom Casey said that it was disappointing to see a head of state speak in such a way.

Mr Chavez went on to criticise the UN system which was "worthless".

The left-wing Venesuelan leader - allied to Cuba's Fidel Castro and with growing ties to fellow oil-producer Iran - has long had tense relations with the US.
I have to say, I agree with him on the need for reform of the UN!

He's definately value for money, more Paras in political positions I say.

Got to agree with the man, the UN is worthless and Bush is barking.......bit harsh calling him the devil, the devil must be mightily miffed at being called Bush!

big up the barking ex para :D
jus know military.com com and other spam sites will be calling for operation central american freedom :twisted:

Bush will kill me: Chavez
From correspondents in Caracas

The Australian link

VENEZUELAN President Hugo Chavez accused his American counterpart George W. Bush overnight of ordering his assassination for calling the US leader the devil during his speech at the United Nations this week.

"The devil appears very sulphurous, and a few people say that he has given the order to kill me," Chavez said during a speech before scientists in western Venezuela.

"Many concerned friends have called me, (saying) that because I said 'devil' over there (at the UN), they have sentenced me to die. They will not kill me, I have much faith in life," Mr Chavez added.

jonwilly said:
Ya just got ta luv Chavez, makes the day worthwhile.
john
Mind you he is barking.
Whiff of the mentalist about that one for sure!

On the subject of outbursts at the UN, I trust you've followed my signiture link, and emailed the President of Iran to let him know you love him too?

Hum
The world would be a boring place with out these people.
john
Yaeh I know that people in positions of power should be like ar Tone dull boring but Sincear. (However ya spell it)

He's not a proper Para, otherwise he would have organised a vomit boatrace among the other Latin American leaders, or would have challenged Bush to a w*nk-off.. :D