Chav mong security guards

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by poohyerpants, Nov 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have just returned from a trip to my local branch of Tesco. in order to secure rations for myself and mrs pyp. On my way out I paused to exchange pleasantries with the spendidly be-medaled ex para poppy salesman, As we spoke, I glanced accross at the cash machine. The cash machine was, at the time, being replenished by two of GROUP 4s finest.

Specemin number one (the one with the cash), was quite possibly the chubbiest, most greasy, sweaty looking, unguard like thing I have ever seen. He looked like he was having trouble breathing. In place of a helmet, he had opted for a baseball cap worn backwards

His oppo, a cnut so skinny, looked like a anorexic weasle. His uniform was so ill fitting, I concluded he must have borrowed fatties spare one then procede to sleep & wnak in it for a month. For the duration of tubbies time spent locked in the back of cash dispenser. Ferret boy (also helmetless) but with prodigious ammounts of metal studs in eyebrows, decides that the best way of providing cover for porky, is to have a fag and devote all his(limited) attention to texting some fecker on his mobile.

Now I know jacksiht about the security industry, but what I witnessed this lunchtime can not be right. If the RSM of Group 4 securities is reading this, and shares my concerns, please feel free to PM me, I will be happy to provide full details .

Rant over
  2. They were armed, Ihope?
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Firstly - don't be such a grass, and secondly: who gives a sh!t?

I'm much more concerned about the number of prisoners they let escape than a cash box going west.
  4. I'm hardly surprised. They get such poor wages and have no sense of duty in the task they do and no pride. Its civvy street live with it.
  5. You raise a good point my freind. Perhaps the two feckers I saw were only on probation, serving there apprenticeship. Before being allowed to advance to prisoner escape status.
  6. Not forgetting of course that security guards are hired because of their stupidity not in spite of it.

I mean you don't want a clever person in charge of all that cash.
  7. ...or they could have been robbing the gaff
  8. Its always possible that they were escaped prisoners reemployed as guards.....
  9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Good point: expect a PM from Group 4 asking for a detailed description! :D
  10. To gain a SIA licence, you have to undergo a police check and anyone with a criminal record will not gain said licence. And before you start slagging me, I don't work in the uniformed guard side of security, but in corporate security as a manager(suits and stuff)
  11. Wasn't it the police who checked Ian Huntley?
  12. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  13. Pass, Baldcossack, but it is always the uniformed guards that are in the public eye, whether on cash runs or in retail, so from that security tends to get a bad press. If you were to come to the site I manage, you'd find a far better image of security as at least a third of the officers here are ex Gurkhas and you know how fastidious they are about their appearance.
  14. Can you PM me the time and exact location. How much cash do you think they were likely to have been handling?

It's just that I'm a bit skint at the moment and some extra cash for Christmas would be useful. I wouldn't even need a weapon- just a few well aimed kicks and punches.

I'll cut you in for 10% if you give me an exact description of the location.
  15. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Went to the revamped Passport Office a month or so ago, and, apart from it being all loverly, shiny and posh, the gentleman providing security that welcomed me in and guided me to the correct place was impecably turned out, exceptionally polite and not from round these parts. It took me about 1/4 of a nanosecond to see that he was an esteemed ex-Ghurka chap, so it was no effort on my part to extend to him the same courtesies of politeness and recognition on my way out.

The service in HM forces made him stand out a mile, from his straight back, crisp and tidy turnout, general demeanour, exceptional politeness and willingness to assist. For those not knowing the sort of chap they were looking at, it was not necessary to know, because despite the smile, and everything else, it was writ large that he would find it no bother to detach arms and legs with ease if he so chose.

So proud, so very, very proud of our Ghurka and ex-Ghurka people I am.