• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Chattenden-trained signallers

Tiny, I'd have to go digging through several attics full of shoite to find mine, I'm in a photo at CTW in Chattenden 0-3 Course 80/4. Did my Cl1 at Chattenden also and then RSIs. Did my Sig Sgts at CTW, Gib Bks.

Well, if you ever get bored and dig through several attics ;-)

Class 3 chattenden back end 1984, would have to dig out the cse photo for details. C1 in 1993 (taken off course in test week due to 'attitude' - lol), redid the entire thing in 1994, on probably the most memorial course in the schools history ;-)

Well, if you ever get bored and dig through several attics ;-)

Class 3 chattenden back end 1984, would have to dig out the cse photo for details. C1 in 1993 (taken off course in test week due to 'attitude' - lol), redid the entire thing in 1994, on probably the most memorial course in the schools history ;-)
Heh heh, me and 2 oppos did a 1 week Clansman maint course that involved an impromptu night out and borrowing Kitcheners sword from outside his barracks. Whoops, fortunately I'm not such a dickhe*d anymore.

Did all my Sigs training at Chattenden; Radio User, Class 2, Class 1, RSI, Sigs Cpls and Sigs SNCO. I do have my notes, certainly the Radio User and Class 2 (maybe Class 1 as well) written in an old army exercise book in pencil with some dodgy drawings of Larkspur radios and a bit of Clansman. Dave Ferigan was the name mentioned above. He moved with the Wing to Minley and retired a few years back now when I was there as QMSI. The morse instructor before him was also a legend in his time, I can't remember his name; Eric maybe, Eric Daley?

That dates you a bit, 2 Old ;-) Larkspur makes you, pre 1980? QMSI after the wing move must be 1997/8? Which also means we have some common muckers. Still speak with Dave occasionally, last time about March/April; he's still active in amateur radio albeit strictly a CW ham.

Radio User Sep/Oct 77 - Larkspur with a few bits of wood to represent Clansman. VP walkabout exercise with the A41 (46lbs with spare battery) - but you tell the youngsters today!. Even on my Class 1 (1979) it was a mixed course with both being covered. But then we were still using C45/BID150 for the CRE net at 3 Div until I left 26 in 1982 - and the Saracens we had at Larbruch in the late 80s/early 90s still had Larkspur harness!

QMSI at the wing 96-99.

If our paths crossed it would have been 26 Iserlohn (mostly 2 Sqn - twice Spr-Cpl), Ripon 51 Sqn (twice LCpl/Cpl - SSgt) or Maidstone 36 (50 & 20 Sqn - Sgt/SSgt).

And now using Bowman and still a QMSI, hence the username!

Hint: when I was in Belize in 1984 there was a guard duty named after me - Explosive Store House (ESH) Guard!

Latest Threads