Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by The_Snail, Jun 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know, I know.

It's shit. Not even a mod could work it out, nor TL.

Chaps, please sort chat out.

We need to find out who is in there, who is a dick, who needs genuine advice and who can **** off. Help please. We want ole chat back.
  2. Once upon a time, I click a link that took me to the chat room and it worked. It hasn't worked for me since...

I suspect I was too hardcore and was blocked :)
  3. It would be nice if it was back in a format the elderly members can actualy see.

It's a bit small and fiddly.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Just tried it and it worked after a fashion. Took about 6 minutes from typing for the words to start appearing! weird!
  5. Did the meanie pick on you?

6. What?

Are you speaking in veiled speech?

What I said was that the Chat function of the website doesn't work properly. At first I was typing and nothing was happening. My words just did not appear anywhere. Then, after about 6 minutes according to the times on the left, the words appeared. After that there was still a delay (like a long pause) between typing and the words being seen. Using it became tedious and so it wasn't worth bothering with. Particularly as what little chat was happening, was also not worth bothering with. Hence my conculsion that the chat function is not really worth the time and effort, leastways in my 'umble opinion.

7. It is in mine.

You type with your head dobber anyway. xxx
  8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

There's a font size option on the right at the bottom. Does that help?
  9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

coherent description of problem needed.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Coherent? Dream on!
  11. 1. It's all upside down again.
    2. You can't see who is in there.
    3. There are no "dings" to tell you if someone types something.
    4. It's crap.
    5. That's why no-one goes in there anymore.

Sparky, I know your phone number, so don't large it.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Roger all that.
  13. I could go on, but it's freezing and I need to get myself ready to beat the crap out of some arrsers tomorrow.

(That means go back to bed and bloody well stay there).
  14. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

would of course have been far better when I asked for feedback about the new chat system when I was about to buy it. I didn't get much from you I seem to remember - sweet FA in fact. Does that annoy me?Actually yes, as you're the most vocal whinger.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Has your account been hacked?

I don't live on the bloody internet, so must have missed your post. My apologies.

I shall now officially stand down from being "Official Whinger" about Chat.

My office - Monday morning for remeediuel spellung lesions.