Charlton Hest-off

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by smartascarrots, Apr 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gone to the big premier in the sky.

BBC Link

I suppose now would be a good time for the FBI to ask for his gun?

2. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Shame, he did some decent films. Even the trashier ones, like 'Omega Man' and 'Soylent Green' were superb, thanks to him.
    Was quite a liberal, really, just had strong personal beliefs.

3. Charlton Heston has died age 84.

now that the tiresome old sod has croaked can someone please pry that f*ckin gun out of his cold dead hand.

[​IMG]

do you think mybe the apes got him?

"I have a face that belongs in another century," he often remarked. yep and politics from 2000 years ago too.

all thought i did like him in ben-hur and planet of the apes despite his hammy style, i could never rate him because of that crap el-cid.

he did well supporting the civil rights people in the 60's-70's, but let himself down with the gun control issue.

still, after all his alarmist rantings we may get some use of of him......... as soylent green. :wink:

4. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Whilst gun control is a contentious subject, I'm not sure he should just be remembered for that. However,

DELETED BY MOD FOR OFF TOPIC

Heston was typical of so many of us; a liberal in his youth, then as he got older -and maybe wiser - became a conservative. Like a lot of us on this site, he despaired at the breakdown of law and order, the over interfering of central government and the waste of money by succesive administrations.

5. ...I feel safer already.

And in response to the last post - I'm older, but I have never voted right wing tory or right wing tony - and will never. I think Charlton was a little mixed up, poor dear. He was a pathetic figure when Michael Moore went to visit. And now he's cold and dead. How sad.

6. "Get your hands off me you damn dirty apes!"

Didn't care for his opinion on gun control, but he was fairly liberal otherwise. RIP

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

That might redeem him in my eyes, have you a linky / proof?

8. [​IMG]

9. i'v always like what moore has to say, but his treatment of heston in BFC was dispicable, moore gained access to heston on false pretences, then harranged a feeble minded old man to score a petty point.

fat tw*t.

10. Good day to you Frenchie. Before you pass judgement old son, let's just wait and see. Most of us become more conservative with the years.
    And yes, he was confused when Michael Moore interviewed him as he was in the early stages of Alzheimers. Michael Moore has made some good points, but he spares no one in the process, not even the weak.

And mate, we all become cold and dead. I do not wish to belabour the
    point but, one day it will be you in the box.

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Agreed

12. Agree.

What's more, there was nothing inconsistent about Heston's views - they were a coherent statement of what some would regard as essential American values; contrary to what some here appear to believe, supporting the Constitutional "right to bear arms" does not a priori make said proponent either a nutter or "red neck bigot".

13. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

oh no, it does make him a nutter. But I agree not a red neck.