Charlotte Church: 'brave family'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bigeye, Feb 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm working for an international group today and so didn't make it to the High Court to see Ms Church's celebration speech -the world doesn't really care about a tubby Welsh Singer who apparently sold her soul to Murdoch at the beginning of her career. (in lieu of payment for a gig she got endless PR from his papers).
    She's 'won' £600,000 for what? losing a limb, an eye? No.... someone listened to her phone messages.

Apparently her family showed geat bravery during the case. This sort of crap from her lawyers is simply de-valuing the word 'Brave.'

What the family in fact did was to hold out for the biggest payment possible.

SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS - think about it.
  2. Sounds like a good move to me,,,,Bleed the Bastards dry.....
  3. They're insured against this sort of action.
  4. Yep - less than the maximum compensation for double amputee WIA. Great perspective innit?
  5. I'll bet it's eye-wateringly expensive insurance though.
  6. True, and who pays the extra premiums as the Insurance companies hike their premiums?
  7. Good and their premiums will sky rocket.....

Don't forget there are thousands of them (victims),,then of course there is the criminal case inquiry......

Things can only get worse for News International..........
  8. CplFoodspoiler

CplFoodspoiler War Hero Book Reviewer

Then it will cost them more in the future. Her nationality, size, family and choice of words are neither here or there. The papers did the wrong thing. End of.
  9. Scum suing scum
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I think it is more of a worry that NI can start another paper without any problems, they should have been stopped until at least the inquiry is finished.
  11. I agree with the decision that she was wronged - but why award such a large amount in damages. If you want to take punative action then fine the paper/NI to defray the costs of the bloody enquiry.

When you typed 'end of' did you fold your arms and nod your head in a grim, self satisfied manner? I bet you did.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Too much of this and that new paper, The Sun (Which in no way is connected with NOTW nor does it employ 70% NOTW ex employees) may have to put its prices up.

If you could gather every item of drivel and shite ever written about CC in the shitloids, I think 600K is probably a small price to pay in comparison to the profits made.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. "Humblest day of my life."

Righto Rupert. You seem to have recovered fairly quickly though, eh?
  14. CplFoodspoiler

CplFoodspoiler War Hero Book Reviewer

Not at all. Although in retrospect it seems a little pompous, please accept my apologies. Furthermore, I agree with the idea of defraying the costs.
  15. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

The 600 grand is a headline figure of the cost to News International.
    Aprox 300 grand of that went to lawyers. They always come out of these things the best.