Charlie Gilmour loses Appeal

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dave8307, Oct 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just reported on Sky, Gilmour has lost his appeal to reduce his 16 month sentence.

So, a few more months in the hole (or the hole being closely inspected by other inmates)

Thank God some judges have got the right head on today....British justice at its *cough* best.
  2. Good. The little ******.
  3. Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. He will doubtless be eligible for remission, time of for good behaviour, parole or whatever wheeze suits Ken Clarke.

Isn't it time we started to insist on criminals acknowledging their crime and showing remorse before becoming eligible for the obligotary halving of the sentence. In this, and other cases where the **** still pleads innocence and thinks he is hard done by, shouldn't he be made to serve his whole sentence. It might just cut the number of futile appeals by people who can afford or are so inclined to waste the courts' time.
  5. Nuff said!!
  6. Should have got extra for having the cheek to appeal....Welcome to the Machine,boy..
  7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Got to love the gobshite his brief tried.

Appeal judges heard that he had "successfully reformed and rehabilitated himself" and, in particular, had addressed "underlying drug and alcohol problems".

Yeah, a few months in Wandsworth will tend to have that effect. Let us hope that nice suit Mummy bought him for his first run-out before the beak still fits and he hasn't bloated on nasty prison stodge. Mung beans and Smoothies did not feature on the Wandsworth menu last time I looked. Shame.
  8. im sure hes had a few `man fat smoothies` while bending over to get the soap a nice pretty boy like him
  9. Excellent news.
  10. Good. The little shit. I hope he has his arse shagged rotten and he's filled in by all and sundry. Let that be a lesson to you and your type, young man!
  11. Friday just couldn't get much better.
  12. My weekend is getting better by the hour. Won £1000 on a scratch-card this morning and now this. They say good things come along in threes, all I need now is for Gilmour's mother to ring the doorbell wearing just a bathrobe or similar and I can die happy.
  13. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Maybe. If she lost her Dad and asked nicely...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Good one.

', 'ave ye got 10p for a cup 'o tea fella' said in a jockinese tramp stylee by someone wearing a filthy flasher Mac and Scottish Rifles lapel badge.