Charlie Gilmor - Prison Rant

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by riksavage, Sep 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. By accident I was drawn (subconsciously by Satan I suspect) to Charles Byshe 'spoilt prat' Gilmor's twitter prison diary. The lad clearly thinks he's a cross between Oscar 'wizard sleeve' Wilde and some soap dodging French revolutionary on the brink of oganising a prison riot/break.

I suspect he's already been 'sheeted' infinitum and used as a prison glove puppet.

Read it and weep to learn of his angst!

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Nah. The kid acted the cunt and got nicked for it. I now couldn't give a rats arse about how the ponce is doing his bird. But I do look forward to seeing him, rehabilitated and scrubbed up on our TV screens in about 5 years time. His Mummy and Daddy will sort it.

Sadly I plan to top myself in 4 years so I shall miss it. If anyone could do a short synopsis of 'Charlie, The Wonder Years' I should be obliged.
  3. Which one of you is Ray?
  4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Oh God!!! Another 4 years of this :)

Make sure you have your reviews up to date and posted before you top yourself.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. How/why has he got access to a mobile phone or PC?
  6. A word of advice Charlie. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime! Oh.....and don't bend over to pick up the soap in the showers. :)
  7. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I interviewed young Gilmour a couple of weeks before he was sent down and I have to admit he was a personable chap who expressed great remorse for his actions.
    He is, unfortunately, one of those young men who when in their cups , does stupid things that can get him into lots of trouble. Luckily we don't know anyone like that on here.

I may be tempered by my admiration for his Father's musical ability, but I did tend to think "there but for the Grace of God........." And I am by no means an apologist for him,
    rather I think he was extremely stupid, but it was that, rather than being malicious and disrespectful about the Cenotaph. After all, we have a whole generation of young people who do not really understand what it is all about.
  8. Let's hope his cell mate doesn't read wht he sasy about him....

How is it that convicted scum languishing in prison have such time and chance to dawdle the t'interweb? Shouldn't he be breaking rocks?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I think if Daz gets wind of this he may kick his cunt in.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Spooky.

Edited to add, he's not too keen on our Daz

11. This site is full of blokes who in high spirits and including those in their younger days, will have got up to all sorts of stunts and things that they shouldn't have done particularly when they have sunk loads of alcohol, and they didn't have the benefit of a wealthy father to support their expensive lifestyle either. I don't think any of them though, have swung from the cenotaph like tarzan or went rioting through the streets burning and stealing property like those people in the riots, of whom Charlie Gilmore was one of them and is now where he deserves to be.
  12. When he comes out if he keeps off solid food for a couple of months his arse should heal up. :)
  13. I'm sure if they were caught, they were punished.

People need to understand accountability in this day and age.
  14. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Perhaps if he'd said something along teh lines of I was pissed and a bit of a twat I'm really sorry I'll cadge £50k of my dad for H4H he might have got away with it.
    We've all been pissed and made twats of ourselves but had to do the time, pay the fine
    However to claim you didn't know what the cenotaph was and what it meant despite reading history at Cambridge?
    Even Vanessa Redgrave and Chami Chacrobati wouldn't have bought that.

It's probably a wind up anyway how can he twitter from prison?
    Maybe Daz has a phone up his arrse.
    He's been moved anyway he's in an open prison now read last week.
    • Like Like x 2