Charlie Brooker Cancels 2017 Wipe.

Bah. The only program worth watching over Christmas has been cancelled cos he`s too busy.
Gutted.

Charlie Brooker's '2017 Wipe' has been cancelled - NME
I'll be honest I've lost faith in Mr. Brooker's offerings. When he was the acerbic, cynical, flat topped loser in a basement he was brilliantly funny.

When his image changed to this:

He seemed to be toeing the BBC line a bit too much and completely lost his edge.

The latest Season of Black Mirror was also a massive disappointment, I gave up after 3 episodes.

I'll be honest I've lost faith in Mr. Brooker's offerings. When he was the acerbic, cynical, flat topped loser in a basement he was brilliantly funny.

When his image changed to this:

He seemed to be toeing the BBC line a bit too much and completely lost his edge.

The latest Season of Black Mirror was also a massive disappointment, I gave up after 3 episodes.
I thought some of the season 3 episodes were best, although a couple were pants

Shut up and dance in particular

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
That’s a shame. I did like Mr Brooker’s impersonation of me on his “Wipe” yearly specials.

I remember when he was a staff writer on PC Zone.....

I liked his wipes! Got introduced when I first arrived in the UK in 2011. I found them to be hilarious, though the last one wasn't quite as good as the ones I've seen in the previous years. I loved the sarcasm and his take on things.......

And the contributing comedians were funny too, I really liked Doug Stanhope and his eclectic American take on UK stuff.