Charley Boorman last night

Did Charley Boorman have a Help for Heroes wristy on last night during his trip through Georgia, Iran etc, or am I seeing things?
If so top Geezer, see y'all at Twickers Saturday.
Gash.

Not sure, but my immediate thoughts on seeing him on another world jolly were

1. Obviously not much acting work in the pipeline
2. His wife and kids must be threaders that he's thinned out again
3. The "longway round" franchise is running out of steam

I fecking hate that walting pric Charley Boorman, Who the feck is he and what acting has he done?? As far as Im concerned he is that posh jocks posh English mate who i wish to get skinned alive or preferably gang raped and sent home from Africa with the 7 year flu. Pair of muppets. Should have called it The Long Reach Around

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
lukethebootneck said:
I fecking hate that walting pric Charley Boorman, Who the feck is he and what acting has he done?? As far as Im concerned he is that posh jocks posh English mate who i wish to get skinned alive or preferably gang raped and sent home from Africa with the 7 year flu. Pair of muppets. Should have called it The Long Reach Around
I get the impression you haven't joined his fan club then?

Help For Heros or not, this bloke is taking the pish! The Long Way Round was at least a challenging expedition, this is a swan. It's what thousands of backpackers do every day, the huge difference being resources, they are unlimited in his case. Oh it's really tiring sleeping on a train is it, oh dear it's a logistical nightmare getting the girls in London to do my admin, I'm going to act like a 3 year old because someone has the name Fahti.

Boorman, you are a prize tee-wat.

lukethebootneck said:
I fecking hate that walting pric Charley Boorman
In what way is he a walt?

sandmanfez said:
In what way is he a walt?
Pretending to be an actor?

Strange then that I've seen him in three films and I'm far from being a movie buff.

Its refreshing to see a more everyday bloke on TV doing something like this rather than some made-up ponce pretending to be nice to the camera and other people.

A mate of mine is working on one of Ewan's bikes - he says he's a right moody twat and nothing like what he seems to be on TV.

Having said that, the whole franchise is looking a bit tired now. Perhaps we should think of something more novel for him to do... like Iraq->Iran->Afghanistan->Pakistan hitch-hiking by means of a goofy smile.

He was in these films (mainly courtesy of Daddy who directed many of them):

Deliverance (1972)
Excalibur (1981)
The Emerald Forest (1985)
The Serpent's Kiss (1997) - Met Ewan on this one
The Bunker (2001)

Admittedly he does seem to have done his fair share of resting!

uqfegd

pp

lukethebootneck said:
For a start he is IRISH, you fcukin knob and actually speaking from someone who has actually met him he is a very nice bloke and not at all stuck up like some. I actually enjoy his adventures, okay Long Way Down was a bit pish but I think that had something to do with Ewan being a hissy madam wanting to bring his mrs along on a 'lads jolly boys'..... :roll:

yamkwak said:
lukethebootneck said:
For a start he is IRISH, you fcukin knob and actually speaking from someone who has actually met him he is a very nice bloke and not at all stuck up like some. I actually enjoy his adventures, okay Long Way Down was a bit pish but I think that had something to do with Ewan being a hissy madam wanting to bring his mrs along on a 'lads jolly boys'..... :roll:
English or Irish he's still a posh cnut. ''Actually enjoy his adventures'' do you? Sad.. Sad cnut!

sandmanfez said:
Strange then that I've seen him in three films and I'm far from being a movie buff.
Whhhhooooosh.

lukethebootneck said:
yamkwak said:
lukethebootneck said:
English or Irish he's still a posh cnut. ''Actually enjoy his adventures'' do you? Sad.. Sad cnut!
It's true, Charlie boy's a cnut!

headgash said:
Help for Heroes wristy
The one caveat here is that such wristbands as say the "Live Strong" (Yellow rubber bands in aid of Lance Armstrong's cancer) tend to be fashion items, rather than genuine shows of sincerity. I'm not denigrating the cause of remembering heroic servicemen, but rather people's motivations for adorning themselves with such items. Many of whom tend to follow the flock. We'll see how long the fad lasts, be careful.

I always had the impression that Charley Boorman was a decent chap who came across as an affable character. I'm not going to hold it against him that he hasn't had the commerical success of his Scottish mate. I do agree that the "Long Way..." series will become tedious if they continually rehash the same idea. I want to buy the first series and possibly second, but that's it.

Vis a vis (sic) Ewan McGregor's mood, isn't it possible that he was having a bad day? Or did he have the same continual foul temperament?

lukethebootneck said:
yamkwak said:
lukethebootneck said:
Thats right I am a sad cnut, better than a typical booty showing there usual fixation with naked men and all things homo...now toddle of back to RR will you , you sad little fairy.... :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cernunnos The NAAFI Bar 7
Alec_Lomas US 9
shellbackmac The Book Club 3