Charleston, South Carolina

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by monsoon_ditch, Jan 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any of you Yankees from or near Charleston, South Carolina, I'm trying to pin point a sheriff's office.
  2. Ooh, I know this one!

Pick me, pick me, pick me!

Dial 911.

I'm not helping, am I?
  3. You're f*cking dead, sunbeam, dead. :wink: :D :wink:
  4. looked at the website under "Employment"

is that to say there is only 12 days holiday per year ?
  5. Could be...I don't know about law enforcement, but standard vacation (holiday) time for first year of a corporation is five business days, plus the ten or so federal holidays that everyone should have off. Perhaps this is 12 days' holiday in addition to the federal ones? It stands to reason that they would offer almost two weeks' paid vacation as an incentive.

Spams with law-enforcement backgrounds are welcome to correct me!
  6. Not LE but a spam, who knows a bit about holidays and vacation/FTO/Leave, etc...

The holidays bolded are most likely the 10 "federal" paid holidays plus 2 floating days. The 2 floating days are usually used to "even" out Thanksgiving (which is always observed on Thursday) and one other holiday during the year which falls on an "odd" day.

I make this assumption because a bit further down in the benefits description they make reference to Annual Leave and Sick Leave.

Hope this helps.
  7. You're right, my eye glossed over that phrase...that must be what it means.
  8. There's 2 good lapdancing clubs in Charleston!!
  9. Only two?? Poor bastrads...