Charles Taylor Jailed...

Charles McArthur Ghankay Taylor ex Dictator of Liberia has been jailed for 50yrs,he will serve his time in a British Prison....

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Anybody know why Britain has to pay for his upkeep?

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Didnt the dutch look after megrahi? Quid pro quo perhaps. I imagine taylor will develop some kind of terminal cancer shortly.

On a related note, i think the british intervention in Sierra Leone was one of the UK's finest moments, post WW2.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
As a recognised idiot, can someone explain the rationale of my taxes paying to hold this man please?
Just spotted in the FT

"The sentence is likely to be served in a British jail, as the UK is the only country that has indicated it is willing to house Mr Taylor."

How lovely of our Government to offer.

That means he will be released after 18 months.

Presumably his extended family will arrive claiming they are refugees and we will have to give them a BFO council house etc., etc?

Flat screen telly,Xbox,Phone Cards,Free Medical Treatment,Safety and Security,Family visits paid for by HMG,the guy has got it made....

Um, shouldn't there be a series of windowless 6 x 6 cells in a cellar under The Hague for this?

Food optional and a hole in one corner emptying directly onto the bed of the inmate below... Mr Taylor could occupy one of the rooms on the lower levels...

I rather suspect that he has [and by extension, his family] has millions stashed away somewhere in the world banking system.
Billions apparently. At least if we've got him banged up in Belmarsh theres some chance of us getting a sniff of it.

May I offer my services to this poor chap? I have a few lengths of rope to donate, although failing that he can have my shoelaces

Billions apparently. At least if we've got him banged up in Belmarsh theres some chance of us getting a sniff of it.
I think you mean there's a chance of Cheri Booth getting her hands on it was she tries to get him out.

Does this mean I'll stop getting emails from his family asking me to wire them some monies towards his defense fund?

ImageUploadedByARRSE1338378554.670098.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE