charity wristband

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by halomonkey, Oct 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hoping someone can help me .Until recently I had a DPM silicon writband that had 'I SUPPORT OUR TROOPS ' on it. I got it from an ex-para who had bought it from his local RBL shop. Problem is I've lost it and can't find another one. The RBL know nothing about them so it mustve been some enterprising guy at his local branch. I've searched online and the ones on ebay dont actually give any of the profits towards supporting our troops and any others that say they support the troops are supporting American troops, not Brits.
    If anyone knows where I can get one that the profits go to our troops could you let me know
    thanks

2. I have one of these, it was bought from a cheapo card shop in town and therefore no charitable donation was given. Shame, I'm sure it would be a money spinner for charity. But then we'd probably get arrested for wearing them under 'inciting a riot' laws...

3. Cheers for that but doesn't really give a solution.Anyone else able to help?

4. I'll flog you one. All proceeds will go to a charity and it will support Brit troops. Me.

Seriously. You know that 99.9% of these things are purely money spinning tat jumping on the good faith of the purchaser because lots of 'celebs' wear them? If you wish to donate to a charity direct, set up a DD with the RBL. If you want to wear a bit of chad DPM to show you support the troops, I'll slice a bit off my sleeve jacket. It'll cost you a fiver.

5. Again doesn't help and if you read my first post you will see the original one was bought from the RBL. I could use my own kit if it was a 'jacket sleeve' I wanted!
    Anyone actually able to help on this issue?

6. Seems to me you've answered your own question - it's not an official RBL product.

I think these things are rather overdone. Why do you need to show your support so openly? Every civvie seems to ahve one or two emblems on show. Personally I take quiet satisfaction in knowing I give hard cash direct to relevant charities.

7. I got mine from SSAFA when they were the Lord Mayor of London's Appeal charity last year. It might be worth speaking to them.

8. Because I am proud of my service and I am proud to support our troops!
    I give cold hard cash and I give also my time and energy to Services charities. How YOU choose to support is up to YOU, how I choose to support is up to ME!! Personally I think ANY method of raising cash for these charities should be thought of as a good thing!
    Oh and the question wasn't is it an official RBL product.................tut!

9. Thanks CD.