Charity Tab

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by mattrlc, Aug 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, Im currently in the process of planning a 7 day TAB from Catterick Garrison to Aldershot Garrison for myself and another to complete. Im trying to find a list of units along the route for possible places to stay overnight. I could wait untill after summerleave but it would be nice to have something concrete to hand to the OC and the AO. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be amazing. Thanks in advance.

Matt

2. I know you'll be wanting to take the most direct route south, so I don't want to seem a bit dull (Dale already knows I am)

But which locations are you planning to pass near, then we might be able to do some asking around.

3. The Main challenge is the North, the most logical route seems to be going from Harrogate to Strensall near York, Then that naturally takes us south heading towards the A1 which opens up plenty of places to stay. The north itself seems to present the biggest challenge. If it comes down to it, We will just throw a tent or a poncho up for the night.

4. Look at TA centres.

5. You could try fire stations on route