Charity Skydive from 15000ft

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by TA4645, Sep 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right guys, me and a few of the lads from work are organising a charity sky dive in march. We're hoping to raise alot of money for various charities and perhaps get a few more lads/lasses on board for the jump itself.

You can find us at: www.jump4joy.org

Feel free to contact us with any queries. The more the merrier!!!

2. Why not do a 5 day course, drag more money from the punters for the charity, get a NATO set of wings and at a third of the cost--- 'Its because yer worth it'' go to http://www.abmp.freeserve.co.uk and get details

3. cheers v-o-g will do. most of the guys/girls signed up arent service peeps, there's me (a stab) and a handful of regs from the sigs.

4. Do not worry about the civvies, I took a civi friend of mine who has never worn a uniform (except a natty fancy dress nurses one) and he thoroughly enjoyed it. The week is spent at a civi parachuting centre in CLOGLAND with wall to wall women learning to freefall for the first time. The course is fun and mentally stimulating/demanding-----on mine there was a group of mixed sex, STAB Sappers who all made the standard. Even if someone bottles out from achieving the full 5 descents for the Dutch wings- its still bloody cheap , highly amusing and worthwhile. As an ex STAB myself (of Redcoat,stock and CCXXVII personal number), you will get a lot of sad people (mainly ex Regs) calling you a WALT for doing it. However, the same, sad people generally could'nt hold a proper job down to save their lives.