Charity Parachute Jumps in Hampshire???? Where?

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Hellmans, Aug 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been approached by someone who wants to do a sponsored tandem freefall for Holidays4Heroes.

They are on the Isle of Wight and ideally want a jump in Hampshire.

Does anyone know of any opportunities, so I can pass the info on please?

2. Does it have to be Hampshire? Netheravon isn't too far awayfrom IOW.
  3. I had thought of there, but they wanted it as near to the ferries as possible, just wondered if there were any nearer?
  4. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Red Devils, bit the first £250 raised goes to them.

Give us a bell if that's achievable and I can jack it up for you
  5. I'll check. I would imagine they all charge a similar fee?

Where do they jump from?
  6. Parachuting in UK at any time of the year can be a fairly random event. Yes, during the Summer season it can be readily assured to a point, that is, unless the jump aircraft goes un-serviceable or there are refuelling issues which may take the aircraft out of line for an unacceptable time period. Sport jumpers are inured to it all and take it in their stride, however, one off participants can get particularly phased by the goings on.

Neatheravon, Headcorn, Sibson and Weston are long established centres with facilities and amenities to look after the jumper's family, friends et al who want to come along on the day. Children and dogs welcome. Besides, the training area there is crew room / bar / rest room facility with loos where an entourage can chill out. I would add that the bar is not opened until after parachuting has ceased for the day.

The Freds are a tidy, slick act and you won't do much better, particularly on their home ground at Nethers. As for their fee, that's an honest sum. Geography shouldn't be the principal consideration therefore.
  7. Thanks Alec & PG

will pass this on