charity motorcycle ride

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by aradia, Nov 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi all, my father and his best friend are riding around the country on 2 honda varaderos 125cc for macmillan and help for heros, anyone up ffor watching them possibly going through your town or village? it'd be nice for them to see they've got support. they are hoping to raise 1million pound for EACH of the charities and have been sponsored quite alot, they start on the 17th of march and finish on the 27th, starting from nottingham and heading around the coast, they are not allowed to go over any bridges but have to get thames valley police to ride over dartford bridge as my father is only a learner therefore will be riding pillion over it as there is no way of going around it. the hondas wioll be auctioned afterwards with all of the money going to both charities, please, please, please show your support by either joining in a short while or watching them go through, many many regards
    aradia
    :)

2. they going anywhere near tamworth? I will bring my tuk tuk along for a tag along if you don't mind! PM me with details of where you are going, and I will try to arrange a meet.

marco

3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Perhaps it would be a good idea to encourage your dad to do his test before the ride. Plenty of time to get it done.

4. Aradia,

Please pass me the details of the South coast part of the ride and I will see what I can do about supporting and possibly mobilising some other supporters.

5. i'll try and get an itinery on here within the next few days

• Like Like x 1
  6. Please PM me when you do, in case I miss it.

7. will do

8. Where about in the South are you Blokeonabike?

9. You may want to check your route. By Dartford bridge, I presume you mean The QE2 bridge at Dartford. Thames Valley will not be interested, its policed by Kent and Essex Constabularies.

Good advice here about passing a bike test as well.

I wish them both well.

10. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I'm not sure that I understand the no bridges part. That's going to make touring the country virtually impossible, certainly inside 10 days.

11. TB. I am in Hampshire most of the time. Sadly not on the coast but close enough.

I had assumed (and may be wrong) that the no bridges bit is in order to genuinely say they have followed the full length of the coastline. It does seem a little bit like mission impossible if you take it literally though as it effectively means following each and every river and stream to its source before heading back to the sea!

Or, perhaps more sensibly,

Is it to do with the fact they will be doing it on 125s and some of our major bridges are, in effect, motorway and therefore off limits.

12. yeah it is to do with that, all motorways and major bridges are off limits, the itinery will be on by friday