Charity March in aid of SSAFA

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Vaughany, Aug 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'd like to organise a 20 mile march for charity and i'm just checking plausability. Can anyone tell me what sort of things I need (prefferably in checklist form).
    Also if anyone has any ideas for it, i'm all ears.

2. boots, fer starters.

3. Yeah.... I meant more in terms of organisation and logistics.

4. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

20 miles! You don't need boots. Well I don't any way. I wear all terrain shoes even in the Cairngorms these days.

5. Cheers Jarrod. I'm just checking plausability at the moment. I'm hoping to plan a 20 mile route and entrants over the age of 18 will be carry a certain amount of dead weight, alla Nijmegen. It wouldn't be a challenge if it was just a bog standard 20 mile walk.

However, as I said it's just an idea at the moment.

6. Why not contact the organisers of the Nijmegen march and ask for some advice?

7. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Why not contact SSAFA Central Office:
    Karen Powell
    Corporate & Events Officer
    T: 020 7463 9222
    E: karen.p @ ssafa.org.uk

Claire Bradley
    Director Fundraising
    T: 020 7463 9297
    E: claire.b @ ssafa.org.uk

8. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

Or why not get your Regiment to arrange it using their PTI's?

Get it put round out as a general invite for other Regiments. That way everyone is insured, the PTI's can do the Risk Assessment for it, QM can provide water, Medics provide, uh, medical stuff, etcetc.

Use what you have at your disposal. Bang your feet into the big man. Mega kudos for you if you get the Regiments name behind it.

9. I'm not in yet. I'm still a cadet however we have good links with Brize, Lyneham and Middle Wallop so we may be able to get help from there PTIs.