Charities you won't give money to?

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Seems I've already chosen my cherridies...

Fishing.jpg

So the rest can do one for this year I'm afraid.

*Disclaimer - I don't actually work overtime.

Charity begging seems to have started in earnest today,

Christmas Charity Beggars at every junction in out Town Centre. It would be nice just once to be able to walk into town at lunch time to grab a sarnie & not be accosted by one of these tw*ts.

Today, along with the usual Big Issue tw*t who thinks he's everybody's best mate we have, tw*ts dressed as Santa, Reindeer/Scooby doo (not entirely sure) for the homeless, Victorian barber shop quartet singing for the elderly, sally army rattling tins for fcuk knows what & some children's charity with overly happy student types "hey guys" add the Jehovah's in & it's akin to running the fcuking gauntlet.

Anyway, I now have my sarnie & am back in the safety of the office. Rant over.
Dark glasses and white stick, people will actively avoid you.

Are the charity collectors female - and attractive? Why not pretend that you recognise them but say you cannot remember where from, and then say "I think in saw you in a DVD".
FIXED.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
There was a rather decorative young gentleman outside our local supermarket today. (It's called Dikes, which merits a thread of its own).

He was riding a bicycle, with its back wheel raised so he stayed put, raising money for MAG international. I hadn't heard of them out put a couple of quid into his collection bucket, as mine removal has to be a good thing.

Endoscope

Old-Salt
Noticed the RNLI running a big advertising campaign at the moment. Wonder if they're seeing a dip in revenue after recent revelations about providing overseas aid. I stopped giving

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Noticed the RNLI running a big advertising campaign at the moment. Wonder if they're seeing a dip in revenue after recent revelations about providing overseas aid. I stopped giving
I stopped giving to them years ago. Having worked for a (much vilified) Bank that did all their IT for free, I found they had spare money for all sorts of money wasting schemes, including a loss-making cafe and an ugly modern statue. Later revelations about their treatment of crew and funding swimming classes in foreign countries lead me to still not give them anything.

Sorry to Sluggy's ghost.

My wife started donating to RNLI recently via monthly Direct Debit and this week received a letter from them asking her to make a further "one-off" donation.

Screw that, she's cancelling the DD and will find another charity who actually appreciates her contribution.

There was a rather decorative young gentleman outside our local supermarket today. (It's called Dikes, which merits a thread of its own).

He was riding a bicycle, with its back wheel raised so he stayed put, raising money for MAG international. I hadn't heard of them out put a couple of quid into his collection bucket, as mine removal has to be a good thing.
TBF, depends where they're being removed from...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
My wife started donating to RNLI recently via monthly Direct Debit and this week received a letter from them asking her to make a further "one-off" donation.

Screw that, she's cancelling the DD and will find another charity who actually appreciates her contribution.
They have been apologising for that. Because they are running low on funds they are asking donors to make an extra donation.

Rather than using what they have more economically.

I was not advocating suggesting a shag FFS, merely taking pleasure in the aesthetics of the female form. One wonders what sort of charity ladies of your preferred physique might collect for?
Don't knock Sally army lasses. One of the dirtiest,filthiest,muckiest girls I ever knew banged me,the tambourine and I assume a plethora of tramps to give me a very itchy knob.
N.b. she was going to be my then fiancee's chief brides made. Lucky,lucky me.

Yokel

LE
Don't knock Sally army lasses. One of the dirtiest,filthiest,muckiest girls I ever knew banged me,the tambourine and I assume a plethora of tramps to give me a very itchy knob.
N.b. she was going to be my then fiancee's chief brides made. Lucky,lucky me.
Really!

There is always someone to lower the tone! I was talking about the aesthetic and spiritual aspects of female beauty and you have to get all smutty.

GreyArea

War Hero
DON'T get me started on Mountain Rescue...

We have gormless idiots traipsing all over the bugger, getting lost, and having everyone and his dog + air rescue out looking for them...
Only to call the next day and say "It's ok, we found our own way down... we got in last night".
Or traipsing up in shorts, flipflops and a t-shirt, and wondering why they break ankles, get dehydrated, sunstroke etc.
Another bunch of brave volunteers, in a thankless task.
That's a fabulous picture of Table Mountain and cape Town, do you have a better resolution one or a link to the original?

Latest Threads