Charges to be brought in cash for honours?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Contrarian, Feb 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It is the News of the World so you know to take it with a pinch of salt, and no need to crack out the celebratory cigars just yet. If true, though, anyone care to join me for a Havana and a brandy? Bliar must be cacking himself right now, and that makes me very happy indeed! :tp: :thumleft:

News of the World

2. so excited at the prospect i almost wee'd

3. ‘I won’t be weak on sleaze like the Tories,’

‘We have got to be whiter than white if we are to rebuild trust in government.’

Tony Blair - March 1997

4. I don't smoke and I don't like brandy, but I will cheerfully take up both in order to join you in a celebration to surpass all celebrations. Ironically, since there is not a shred of 'honour' amongst those involved in the sale of honours, I really, really hope that they all start grassing up their 'chain of command' in an effort to save their own worthless skins. A few 'I was only following Tony's orders' defences should be enough to at least drag the grinning fool's 'legacy' through the mud, even if it doesn't end up with him being locked up in Parkhurst which is what he really deserves.

5. I am not holding my breath,too good to be true

6. And I almost forgot, who was it who said "Sleaze has become the hallmark of the dying days of this administration"? Why one Anthony Blair of course, back in 1997, but how apt it now seems today.

7. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Pg 7 of The Sunday Times reports the same.

See here

I live in hope

8. Please, please, please Old Bill, find enough evidence to bury the bästard!

MsG

9. ... if only ... it's enough to turn one to religion!

10. This is like one of those crap films they show at Christmas that end with the message that if you believe in something enough then it will come true.

11. OK, I'm slightly ashamed to be providing a link to the Daily Mail but here goes:

Daily Hate

It seems that everything about this government is rotten. They are bankrupt financially and morally. Surely it is time for a motion of no confidence, non?

12. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

These are glorious days! I wonder when Levy will say "a big boy did it" and land the Dear Leader in it!

[​IMG]

13. Apparently he is close already, and there us supposed to be a member of staff from N10 who is singing like a canary to save their own skin.

What ever brings him down.

14. If President Blair is interviewed under caution then I cannot see how he can remain in power. I feel an emotional few weeks for El Presidenti.

15. But will he be