Charger Help

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by sazzz, Apr 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My laptop charger has just stopped working. it was plugged in (already fully charged), when the screen got dimmer, as it does when you unplug the charger. taking it out and putting it back in dosent help, and neither does unplugging and replugging it, or changing outlet sockets.
    and yes, i have checked that its all connected properly.

so anyway please help ive only got about half an hour left :(

2. is the charger very hot?
    It could be the plug or socket in the laptop , try wiggling the plug to see if it works. If it does then you could need a new socket onto the mainboard of the laptop.

Cheers

RM

3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

is the charger unit one with a light on it? is the light still lit? could be the fuse.

4. Its a common thing to fail on a laptop the charger/lead/connector, give it a wiggle or twist the cable and see if the charge light comes on on the lappy, you can tape the lead up in a stressed position (if that makes sense) a new charger will set you back about £20 for a no name charge anything type.

Give a wiggle.

5. I've had that problem recently. Try cleaning the tip of the charger point with a bit of cotton wool. If that doesn't work, it maybe the charger packing up. I had to buy another for £138. :(

6. My bold fook me what was the name of the shop cu cummins? 8O

Regards,

RM

7. The box-thing has gone cold, and cleaning it hasent helped.

8. PC World. What a bunch of fucktards!

9. Ahh gotcha nuff said !! You can pick them up ebay for about 20 of your finest english pounds

Regards,

RM

10. I realised mate, when I got home, I had a scout on the t'interweb. Wish I had done in the first place.

11. Sazz check the fuse in the plug of the charger, just swap it for another, if youre like me and never have any spare ones nick it out of summit useless like a hairdryer !

Regards,

RM

12. What feckin laptop have you got? :D You could have a custom made charger in gold and a small Filipino boy to insert your plug into the socket for half the cost.

Don't suppose you'd be interested in some magic beans I've got for sale; good price - just for you!

13. how dyu know if the fuse is gone?

14. you cant unless you have fuse tester close by , just take one out of something you know is working

Regards,

RM

15. Swap the fuse with an item you know works - if the other one works and the one that was working doesn't then guess what! :)