Charged For Losing ID Card

Any truth in a return to getting charged for losing MOD 90?

In 1999, I was charged 50 quid by the company OC for losing my ID card - it was actually stolen from me but she wasn't interested in that.

It might actually make the youngens look after their ID cards if you start taking beer tokens away again.

We were talking about this yesterday! I doubt it. Shame they don't charge Contractors, they'd be raking it in.

I've seen some people who have 3! I thought that was a "Serious offence".

It always used to be £50 the first time, £100 the second and 28 days in Colly for the third IIRC!

Now they can lose them and nothing happens? :roll:

I distinctly remember a Captain who lost his in NI and was "invited" by the CO to make a seriously large donation to charity. He didn't need much pocket money for a month or so anyway as Duty Officer day on, day off is far too busy for socializing anyway. :D

not a prevalen offence anymore, admin charge of £10 for first offence if it is your fault. Gets steeper if you carry on. No probs withhavingmore than one ID card now as they are dated.

ashford_old_school said:
not a prevalen offence anymore, admin charge of £10 for first offence if it is your fault. Gets steeper if you carry on. No probs withhavingmore than one ID card now as they are dated.
Isn't it still the rule that on the issue of a new card, the old one is to be destroyer or returned to the issuing office?

ashford_old_school said:
Are you sure about the fine? I deal with lost ID cards on an almost daily basis, and I wasn't aware that there was an admin charge that could be levied, RAO has been replacing them free of charge. Do you have the reference, because it hacks me off the lack of responcibility displayed over ownership of a piece of issued kit.

ashford are you navy or raf? you dont get charged for losing the id card in the army!

ulsterman82 said:
ashford are you navy or raf? you dont get charged for losing the id card in the army!
Not now but we were and as was said started at £50 and got worse.

askar-perisikan said:
ashford_old_school said:
Are you sure about the fine? I deal with lost ID cards on an almost daily basis, and I wasn't aware that there was an admin charge that could be levied, RAO has been replacing them free of charge. Do you have the reference, because it hacks me off the lack of responcibility displayed over ownership of a piece of issued kit.
I was led to believe Ashford was correct except it isn't a fine, it's an admin fee

ashford_old_school said:
]

I'm sure its still a serious offence to have more than one, there was a DIN out not too long ago and I'm pretty sure it includes that line.

''noises of shredder'. The Admin charge is at the discretin of the CoC, and not a crab nor a jack, the very thought indeed!!

Biscuits I remember the RSM coming on parade to check ID cards but when asked for your card you had to take it from the left breast pocket of the KF shirt and present for inspection. If it was lost you were doubled away no questions but God help you if it was tucked up in your wallet and not in the correct pocket you were in a world of poo.

A long-since-dead relation told me of losing his during the Malaya insurgency and being told that at time of war the punishment for loss of an ID card could potentially be as severe as death by firing squad.

Note: may be a wah.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
ulsterman82 said:
Can I get my fecking weeks wages back from he time I lost mine. :x

Our's were secreted in the brandy jar on a Sat for the chip run up "the hill"
Got it back last thing Sat night,after clearing debt's

Tony (of "Tony's" "Hellomyfrenyouwannachickadamushpie" in The Shot) gave me one of mine back in 1999. It was one of the old pre-1993 ones, card in a laminate. He'd had it for about ten years as a surety on a saveloy and chips. There was a tuperware box with hundreds of cards behind the counter.