Charge for permission to enter US

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by stabradop, Aug 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Found this on yahoo news. No difference to a visa fee really, if I used my British passport then thats nice and cheap. Would hate to see how much it would cost if I renewed my paddy one and used that.

Charge for permission to enter US - Yahoo! News UK
  2. Fuckem! Haven't been allowed in for years now after committing a crime of 'moral turpitude'.
  3. **** it,I'm all for reciprocal arrangements between the good ol' US of A and the UK,so why don't we just do the same,and charge them for coming to visit us.

And so they don't feel left out we'll charge them,allowing for fluctuations in the exchange rate,mmmm,I know £14,that sounds about right,to be donated to promote British tourism,of course.......... ;-)

I wonder how many tourists = New Trident system? :)
  4. I'm of to the states at the end of the year , just been and done the ESTA thingy as its free until 8th Sept.
  5. Just loking after their own ............ wish we would do the same.
  6. Do tell........ :-D
  7. And I believe it lasts up to 2 years(?) so a worthwhile investment if you're planning a future trip to the US. Have to do mine thanks for reminding me.
  8. He started it Officer!
  9. Agree'd, however we should do something similar but charge double as the country needs the funds,

see how long the so called special relationship would last, but then the gvt is still chasing the US for fines in the capital which they have no intention of paying, double standards
  10. Have heard of it before, but still googled it!

From Wiki:
    I am even more intregued about the bold bit, S_F! :biggrin:

11. Dat one…

Crimes Committed Against Person, Family Relationship, and Sexual Morality
    Assault (this crime is broken down into several categories, which involve moral turpitude):
    Assault with intent to kill, commit rape, commit robbery or commit serious bodily harm

Two miss trials before they got me the 3rd time.:biggrin:
  12. A great aunt of mine was denied access to the Colony in the late 1920's on a moral turpitude charge. She was married to an Earl, and went on an unaccompanied trip abroad with another Earl, to whom she wasn't married. It even made Time magazine!
  13. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Its a great way to **** their economy even more in harsh times :D

In a time when countries are considering their visa charges, and airports are competing with each other, this is a real own goal. The U.S. travel experience is hostile (an understatement) towards travellers, and this will only make it more unpleasant.
  14. mattyw

mattyw Old-Salt Reviewer

Then again my my uncle breased thought immigration (he's australian) so what does that say?
  15. I drive into the land of the septic a few times each year, they charge me six dollars every trip, have been doing it for years, suprised it hs taken them so long to start charging air travellers, the six dollar fee only gives one six weeks. Must say i have yet to meet a decent customs bod on their side, very paranoid and insulated if you get my drift.