Character test

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by OldTimer, Jul 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Character test.

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally.
    The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in which you will have to make a decision.
    Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.
    Please scroll down slowly and give due consideration to each line.

You are in England , York to be specific.
    There is chaos all around you caused by a hurricane with severe flooding.
    This is a flood of biblical proportions.
    You are a photo-journalist working for a major newspaper, and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless.
    You're trying to shoot career-making photos.
    There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing into the water.
    Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury.

Suddenly, you see a man in the water.
    He is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken down with the debris.
    You move closer... Somehow, the man looks familiar...
    You suddenly realize who it is... It's Gordon Brown! You notice that the raging waters are about to take him under forever. You have two
    You can save the life of Gordon Brown or you can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize winning photo, documenting the death of one of the country's most powerful men!

Here's the question, and please give an honest answer...
    Would you select high contrast color film, or would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?
  2. Black and white, all the best historical Pulitzer winning shots have been in B+W, from the lad getting shot in the head(Pol Pots lot I believe) to Nazi death camps. Defo B+W.
  3. Are there any electric cables nearby... could enhance colour shots :D
  4. I'd take as many as I possibly could, so that I could then stitch them together to make an amusing little sequence. To hell with what choice of film, as a pullitzer prize winning photographer I have a top of the range digital SLR with a motor drive and can photoshop the results to colour or black and white, or sepia, or monochrome, I could give him a wry smile or a look of sheer terror, I would never get bored.
    Presumably I have passed the character test with flying colours?
  5. Agreed!

Edited to add: If necessary, would it be permissible to stand on his head - simply to help frame-the-shot, get a better photo ?!
  6. I'm no photographer, so i'll go for colour. Purely so people can see cyclops go under in glorious technicolour!
  7. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

would there be any time left for an interview instead?

not as if i'd like to rescue him afterwards ... but the last interview might be worth a bit :D

*at least a lot more than the guy himself*
  8. Old joke rehashed.

And no option for "put my boot on top of his head to make sure he stayed under"
  9. id use my N95 so i could capture the moment in full 5 mega pixel glory for extra clarity
  10. Not this one again. The first time I read I heard this joke the camera was a Box Brownie!
  11. Digital camera?
    Switch it to film mode, record it, then contently laugh myself to sleep watching it every night.

12. Fuck it, I'd remove my camera and throw it at the b*stard.
  13. B & W for atmosphere! Then twat him a few times with the camera.
  14. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

It was posted less than a week ago in this very forum!
  15. I would save hime, he is my hero!