Character in a book with the surname shortt

TurtleHead

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Hi All,
just reading a book by stephen Leather called hard landing, to my surprise a character described as a shady ex-special forces type with a handle bar moustache has been called in from a job in the ukraine teaching SWAT teams, he goes by the name jimbo shortt.

To my amusement i immediately thought of ARRSE, i have recently read (for about the 4th time) the ARRSEPEDIA entries about the characters namesake and always find it amusing, it this not a bit of a coincidence?

just in case nobody gives a shite ive called a taxi and am just getting my coat:pl:

Yeah I've read the book as well and wondered if the author reads arrse and was having a dig

Thanks Joe, glad i'm not the only one to notice the coincidence
I'm reading a series of Stephen Leather books, all to do with an ex trooper called 'Spider' Shepherd, jimbo Shortt appears in several of them though not a throbber like the other one. The books are quite entertaining.

I reckon it must be more than a coinkydenky so come on Stephen, own up, you are on ARRSE aren't you???

Hi All,
just reading a book by stephen Leather called hard landing, to my surprise a character described as a shady ex-special forces type with a handle bar moustache has been called in from a job in the ukraine teaching SWAT teams, he goes by the name jimbo shortt.

To my amusement I immediately thought of ARRSE, I have recently read (for about the 4th time) the ARRSEPEDIA entries about the characters namesake and always find it amusing, is this not a bit of a coincidence?

just in case nobody gives a shite I've called a taxi and am just getting my coat:pl:
Just in case anybody thinks that this is the work of a talented author? Amazon are selling copies for 1p

Stephen Leather probably sought a technical advisor for his military themed novels and bad luck would have it his google search landed him on the IBA and Shitt's pages.

Probably Shitt offered a deal : Drop my name into your books and I'll waive/reduce my consultation fee.