Chap wins right to wrecks as Lord of the Manor

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by StumpyHussar, Jun 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He bought these titles some years ago and has now won the right to wrecks off this part of the Welsh coast. Expensive though as it's cost him £600,00 in legal fees! He'd better get wrecking then :D

BBC site clicky
  2. Do they mean shipwrecks or abandoned cars? Mind you, the way scrap metal has soared in value, the latter would be worthwhile.

Why buy a lordship of the manor, when you can get ordained as a minister on the internet? United Life Church

Looks like MDN could become a bishop and (horror of horrors) Dale could become a nun!
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I'm sure I've seen him on the hills above the beach. Funny thing was, he was swinging a lantern from side to side that particular stormy night.

Any sensible chap would have been indoors.
  4. needs shooting in the head kunt is trying to resurrect medieval laws unfortunately he seems to forget feudal system was'nt just take in case of barons.
    they had responsibility's to the crown.
    So that will be what half a mastiffs or a chinook cheers :twisted:
    or his trusted band of men at arms prepared to head for the sandy place :twisted:
  5. Wrecking in the medieval era Hippy? No wreckers in the 19th century written about by Robert Louis Stephenson, no Jamaica Inn either.

I suggest you get hold of a copy of the Timewatch episode on the practice, shows you a lot about the sociology of Britains wreckers.

And then of course there is the case of the Napoli and those lucky wreckers who got BMW motorbikes!!