"Chaos" at CENTCOM

Discussion in 'US' started by crabtastic, Jul 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seems like Gen James Mattis' retirement is being put on hold. Seems like a cracking idea to me... and the guy seems to have a sense of humour, unlike his predecessor:

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all."

2. Here's another quote. Made me chuckle.

"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right upfront with you, I like brawling."

3. Indeed. It simply will not do to have a general officer actually talk about killing. I mean what do people think the military is for anyway?/ Geez....the NERVE of the man. Harumph Harumph ;-)

4. SECDEF seems keen to make sure Gen. Mattis and others are more guarded in future -

Source: Secretary Gates Defends Memo Tightening Rules on Media Engagement - Political Punch

5. I don't quite think a Colonial 'Harumph' carries the same effect! Will send you a copy of the Telegraph to hide behind whilst 'harumphing'. Carries much more gravitas that way.

P-T

6. Many thanks and drop in a few tickets for the Outrage Bus will you?