Channel Tunnel Closed.

an island again, hooray

Is this the best idea HMG can come up with to keep the Russians out?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
The fire started after a lorry overturned?!?!?!?!? WTF!

Mr Happy

LE
Mr_Deputy said:
you'd have thought customs would have noticed someone driving in with a fire on the back of their lorry.

(I have to say French customs are/seem to be completely useless choccy teapots. I go thru Dover and the tunnel very often and only seem to feel the long arm of the UK law, the French can't even be bothered to check passports usually.)
which would imply that they're implementing schengen properly

Oh good, seeing i came back yesterday through the tunnel. :) Now, where is my lighter????

Mr_Deputy said:
you'd have thought customs would have noticed someone driving in with a fire on the back of their lorry.

(I have to say French customs are/seem to be completely useless choccy teapots. I go thru Dover and the tunnel very often and only seem to feel the long arm of the UK law, the French can't even be bothered to check passports usually.)
Is this the same frogs that allowed the camp at Sangatte(sp) and encouraged illegal immigrants to cross the Channel so they were no longer a frog problem?

Only thing is, the fire is not big enough to close it permanently.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

It was obviously started by fundamentalist walts who didn't intend to blow it up, just make a political statement... "honest your worship... the tanker full of Phenol was just to highlight our struggle against the immigration system"

I blame the Large Hadron Collider; notice how CERN has gone very quiet!

The black hole is now sneaking through the tunnel and we're doomed!

Litotes

Mr_Deputy said:

Ah yes, the Westernmost province of Islam for sure. England is next.

cut 'em off at the pass!

IG