Channel 5 Royal Marines Operations Aufghan. Does the Army have left handed rifles now

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by gripswitch, Feb 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having watched the last serial (No 4) of the Royal Marines on OPs, i noticed halfway through whilst they were loading to go out on patrol one of them were doing their drills on what looked like a left handed SA80 type rifle. (just after the IEDSin the allyways were shown) is this the case?, Ive been out for some time and only right handed weapons were issued in my time, have left handed rifles now been issued?
  2. Done on a previous thread - no.
  3. Cheers couldnt find it.. so what was the reason?
  4. Mirrored image, apparently.
  5. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Rogue booty armourer I heard.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Theres two theories.

1) There had already been a shot of someone loading a weapon before going for a nice stroll earlier in the programme so they reversed the shot to prevent repetition.

2) The three legged space chickens made a left handed L85 to confuse us humans into starting thread after thread about left handed L85's and to distract from the fact they are slowly stealing my sanity and sausage rolls.

Happy to help.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. If you paused it you could see his zap patch was written backwards .
    Maybe something to do with reading right to left so the locals dont feel confused
  8. The scene was filmed in a mirrored, alternate universe where we're actually having an effect in Afghanistan.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. It's just to confuse the witnesses !
  10. Besides - you know what they say about left handed Booties.
  11. Come on, it was real. Didn't you hear about the bloke being sent back to the UK with a left cheek full of empty cases?
  12. We Left Witnesses ?