Channel 5 20:00 tonight.The Falklands War Gamble

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Mar 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. So far so good, hope we win ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  2. I wont spoil it for you!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Missed it but back on Ch 44 Freeview 2100hrs.

4. Not a bad programme but an hour isn't enough to portray the magnitude of what those guys managed to pull off and the sacrifices made, I was very moved at the time and that level of respect remains to this day.

• Like Like x 2
  5. As long as we have a couple of Guards Battalions involved it will be a walk over.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Was there a programme lurking amongst all those adverts?

7. People dont think that emotions can be raw after 30 years. Some of those interviewed showed such emotions can be. It was moving in parts. Good programme. But could the success be repeated if it happened again?

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

It was nice to catch up on the news footage I missed whilst in bloody otterburn at battlecamp! Funny now how I know a fair few ex matelots that went in the drink and the subject only came up afer a post dog training session beer

9. Thought I saw 5a.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cannot say I enjoyed it.Didn't feel like a "proper" documentry to me.

11. Falklands was one reason I decided to become a STAB in 1983. What those men achieved and put up with was awe inspiring.

And they had SLRs

• Like Like x 2
  12. Nooo!!! For God's sake, don't start another one Refighting The Falklands War Threads - ARRSEpedia

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Yes the programme could be repeated again and it would look the same surprisingly!
    Now I was frankly a little dissapointed, no 2 Sqn SRDG were interviewed for the Coup de main drop onto Stanley Airfield!

14. So did the enemy!

• Like Like x 1