• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Channel 4 Tonight(25/3)- The Air Hospital.

A

armadillo

my missus is in tears, me I am being stoical, but it is hard seeing our lads in such a state...

proud of all the team,

H4H going to get some money coming there way soon, I am always putting my hand in my pocket just sometimes it does not feel enough.

Its seeing these lads is why I am in and fighting, got to go, need to look after Mrs A

An absolutely tremendous documentary. Very humbling indeed. A very sensitive & well put together bit of programming showing the human angle. Massive respect to the AeroMed Teams.

Rocket_Scientist said:
I hope the blokes who were posting recently that doctors and nurses should be chucked out if they cant do CFT and PFT are watching.
I've been lucky enough to train with a hospital based medical team - huge majority pass the CFT & PFA - some excell, some struggle but all do it with a grit and determination to demonstrate that they too are 'soldiers first'. There are no 'free passes'.

To reject any of them would be insane - if the worst did happen, there are no hands i would prefer to be in. Hats off to them all.

I watched this completely transfixed. The sheer professionalism is outstanding, the dedication of the CCAST teams and, "Our boys and girls" injured is humbling and I had to fight the lump in the throat. After I flicked over to the news and felt the anger rise whilst listening to the bloody politicos and that tosser Alistair Darling avoiding questions about advocationg cuts in various depts. Including defence......

That was the most quietly powerful documentary I've seen in a very long time. Incredibly moving and thought provoking. Thank God for people like them all, they're a genuine reason to still be proud of our Country.

I'm still crying!

What dedication and care, and from the wounded such dignity. One of the best documentary films I have seen for a long time.

I was fine until it got to the Guardsman who was feeling guilty that he hadn't taken the guy out. Remarkable programme. Good to see RAF nurses, doctors and aircrew, as well as the wounded, getting a bit of recognition.

Excellent viewing.

I visited Selly Oak and RCDM last week, and the dedication and professionalism of everyone there, both on the clinical and support sides, was utterly outstanding.

For all those banging on about "bringing back military hospitals", well after that I am totally sold that the current setup is the way ahead. The lads aeromeded back are coming back to absolutely the best support they could get.

Latest Threads