Channel 4; The Bible a History.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by renamed_user, Jan 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am sure this fine documentary series, which begins this sunday, will be informative and educational etc. Fronted by a different guest presenter each week. But by a terrorist, murderer, crimminal etc and now tainted by sex abuse in his own family-Gerry Adams :evil: .
    I know this Government and most of the establishment have "moved on" but a lot of us have not.

2. Just another murdering cnut crying " God told me to do it" but what do you expect when the Popes an ex Nazi

3. Now, now.
    Surely if there was ever a man who needed a large helping of Jesus' goodwill to grease into Heaven at the end of his days, it's Gerry.
    So, it's only fair to let him repay the compliment, and put in an advert for the Good Book.

Lots of stuff in there about washing away of sins, etc. And he certainly owes a lot to Good Friday.

Probably a good job that they lifted the prohibition of transmitting his voice, though, or he might be doing it in mime.

4. The Good book goes tits up for me in Genesis 4 verse 16/17

5. I didn't serve in NI, but for the blokes who did - particularly during the rougher periods - I imagine this is a bit like arriving home to find a bloke who tried to kill you in bed with your missis.

6. I have the feeling Gerry isn't too religious...

7. Well it will be interesting to hear what Gerry has to say. then there's Anne Widdicombe a Catholic Convert from Anglicism, then Rageh Omar a Muslim, but not a religious one I thnk... it will be worth watching in my opinion.... Might give some insight to other's thoughts on the Bible....
    :?
    Genesis 4 verse 16 -17..

Then Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden. :)

And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bore Enoch: and he built a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch. :p

8. Nah its much worse than that, its like finding him drinking yer beer. :x

9. Will an actor be used to speak his words?
    Does it mention anything in the Bible about being a British Army tout?

10. I am not sure why he should be "tainted" by sexual abuse in his family, since he appears to have been a victim and therefore needs counselling rather than censure for that. But for other reasons he should be counselled with a 9mm round to the brain stem.