Channel 4 News Afghanistan war video: see how my son died - Are Bowmans reliable now?

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by Samcowan, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Slow news day is it?
  2. not phishing much are you?!! Would have been nice to see you ask question about welfare.

Just trying to figure out if your a Journo or a spectacularly stupid lawyer looking for a lawsuit
  3. Go to a radio ham forum and get the facts that radio waves are effected by geological & weather conditions !!!

Top Tip. Afghanistan is Mountainous, contains different Ore's and bloody high up.
  4. Listen guys, sorry to offend. I have amended the post. Some people I've spoken to say there are probs with the system, I do not know and that's why I posted it to see if anyone agrees with that thesis. Clearly not!
  5. Hmm... looks to me like what you were actually doing was trying to get a bite on whether Lt Mark Evison getting shot could be linked to his radio being sh1te.
    And you didnt do it very subtly either.
  6. Agendas aside (and I don't think anyone at CH4 news would be that daft) it is a very powerful bit of footage.
  7. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Samcowan: please PM me and tell me what your interest is in this. It is perfectly reasonable for journalists to ask questions here but they should so openly and in the knowledge that they may be soliciting members of the armed forces to commit a disciplinary offence by unauthorised communication with the media (however ridiculous that might be).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.