• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Changing your name by deed pole

I was reading a thread in the personel section reguarding someone wanting to know the legallity of changing name by deed pole in the army.

My question is:

If you where to change your name "for a laugh" what would it be. why and do you think it would piss people off?

In my time i have really heard of people called CPL Punishment and Sgt seargant.

My slag of a sister changed her name to Smith! (It was the christian name of one of the many fathers of her many sprogs). Smith? Class bird.

A few months ago there was a piece in one of the tabloids (possibly The Scum) about a guy who had changed his name to Jelly-Fish McSaveloy? He did it to win a ten pound bet. I think the deed-poll fee was £10! What a knobber.

A guy in our Regt changed his name so he could benefit from his aunts will. Only problem was he didn't tell anyone until he got back from leave. He was on stag day on day off with his original name, and the same for his new name. Funniest thing was, he didn't see the funny side of it.

Skinn_Full said:
A few months ago there was a piece in one of the tabloids (possibly The Scum) about a guy who had changed his name to Jelly-Fish McSaveloy? He did it to win a ten pound bet. I think the deed-poll fee was £10! What a knobber.
The cheapest option would've been just to have started using his new name. When he needed proof he could've got a letter from a responsible person like his GP, who might've done one for the price of a pint. A bit more expensive would've been a public announcement, such as an advertisement in the local newspaper.

At least he didn't swear an affidavit, which would've cost him about £40!

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I P Freely?
Hugh Jass ?
Eve Ningall ? ( ideal for members of the Met)
Owen Munnie ?
Edna Bagg ?

...ahem....sorry, too much Wogan.....I'll get my cardie.....

Don Cabra

Latest Threads