Changing the Clock

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by _Artemis_, Mar 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's not a big deal, but it's niggling me just enough to ask about it: would it be possible for the timestamp on posts to go an hour forward, in line with British Summer Time? I know the COs have got lots on with changes to the site so, as I say, not at all urgent.

2. Think you can do this in your account preferences Art

3. Isn't Cornwall in a different time zone anyway?

4. Hmmm - tried changing the clock to GMT+1 in my account preferences to no avail, TL.

Matelot, Cornwall is in a different time zone, but it's unreasonable to expect arrse to tell the time in pastys, so I've given up on that one.

Is anyone else still seeing the timestamps on posts an hour slow or is it just me?

5. No, me too but if I send a PM it shows the correct time but there again the clock in my car is still an hour behind and I haven't sussed that yet either.

6. Had fun on Saturday night telling my less than sober daughter that the clocks went back by one hour then watching her try to cope with the confusion and a hangover on Sunday.

7. Right, the timestamp on posts in the forums is now right (thanks TL!) but the times on the main page are still wrong! Help!

8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

My account > My preferences > BST.

Problem solved.

9. Tried that, Sixty, ta - while that fixes the timestamp on posts in the forums, the clock's still out on the main page.

10. C'mon Artemis, surely the clock change thingy is a piece of p i s s thesedays, after all, there has been a lot of practise this last forty odd years??? :)

11. Arrse has been going for 40 years?? :D

Yeah, I know it's a pretty trivial thing to get irked about, but since it IS niggling at me, I thought I may as well see if anyone knew how to sort it.

12. Erm, MrsD has been going for forty odd years or more......... ahem!

Every year this topic crops up, to change the clocks or not to change.

Personally I would leave the GMT alone. At half seven tonight I could still see the drinks cabinet without the assistance of a light switch. Job done!

:thumright: