Changing Role in phase 1

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me understand the rules and process of changing Roles/Cap badge during phase 1 training.

I’m set to start intake in February in the RA at Winchester but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to do that or go into infantry. If during phase 1 I decide I know for certain and I want to change and go into infantry would I be able to as I know they’re held at different ATC’s typically for what your role will be. Any insight into this would be a massive help! Thanks

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me understand the rules and process of changing Roles/Cap badge during phase 1 training.

I’m set to start intake in February in the RA at Winchester but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to do that or go into infantry. If during phase 1 I decide I know for certain and I want to change and go into infantry would I be able to as I know they’re held at different ATC’s typically for what your role will be. Any insight into this would be a massive help! Thanks

I would really strongly advise sorting this before you show up, as in talk to your recruiter today. You may be able to visit units, you may be able to speak to permanent staff at an ARC about the roles, if it will help. But do NOT count on being able to switch during phase 1.

You desperately need to speak to your recruitment office. It's their job to answer these sorts of questions. Good luck.
I’ve asked them and I can’t get a serious answer, I was told I wouldn’t want to change because of the people I’d meet which doesn’t really clear this up

Hi Guys,

You would not be able to do a capbadge change to Infantry as they train at ITC Catterick.

If you are set on joining the infantry you need to withdraw from the Winchester intake and request to be loaded to start Infantry training in Catterick, provided you hit the requirements at the assessment centre.

Latest Threads