Changing Job

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by SCW25, Apr 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Long story short... Im in Phase 1 now training to be a Gunner (RA) is it possible to change too AAC whilst here?
  2. I'm sure someone better versed than myself will be along soon, but did you not sign a 'Job Offer' letter, which detailed the requirements/responsibilities & outlined your ability to change jobs? What would you like to do in the AAC?
  3. Go and speak to your platoon staff. They will be in a better position to give you information etc.
  4. Spot on was introduced to save money on tranfers plus stopping applicants joining those jobs with less wait for a start date then to try and change cap badges that had a long list with few places especially jobs like AAC and tech jobs.
  5. POW - Right in the kisser. Unlucky, SCW25, looks like you're stuck with the Royal Regiment.
  6. Spoke to Troop Commander and I'm changing cap badge. POW - Right in the kisser ;)
  7. Don't listen to the nasty men, son. Lots of people transfer to AAC. What you need to do is stick with the RA for a little bit, about 15 years or so and get to some rank approaching RSM. Then you can apply to be a helicopter pilot and work in the AAC.

Hope this helps.

8. oh dear!!-he thought you said ACC !!
  9. Be very careful of what you say until you have actually changed cap badges as there are lots of people who can still change this, some may very well be lurking on this forumn.

As stated above the Job Offer letter was introduced to stop this happening especially now you have taken someones place in training as a RA gunner crewman as with the limited numbers for AAC ground crew you would of probably still been waiting for a start date. How you can work out that RA isn't suddenly for you having not even got to phase 2 is baffling as you never gave it a try and suddenly on a whim decide that after the year or so of the application process of wanting to go RA that AAC is a better option suprises me that a TC would attempt to get you changed even though you have signed that Job Offer. At least though you haven't wasted tax payers money on changing trades after Phase 2 training.

By the end of the day you were very lucky if it goes through, jumped the queue and stopped someone who really wanted RA getting go under the radar now and good luck on your change of job.