Changing ISP; will I keep my "favourites"?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Bravo_Bravo, Nov 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. PluNet to Sky Broadband; before I wade in, do my favourites remain in place or will I have to redo them?

TIA

BB

2. If you have google chrome you can save all your favourites in google documents. All mine are backed up that way. ;)

3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

You're changing ISP mate not your PC.

Your favourites/bookmarks will be fine, providing that Sky's DSN Servers are up to scratch, and somehow I imagine that they will be!

If in doubt back up your 'Favourites' folder in Documents and settings.

Oh yes, one more thing.... change to Firefox- it's miles better than IE. I was a late convert and now swear by it!

4. thanks guys - and thanks for the heads-up ref Firefox.

5. Psst, Chrome is better! ;)

6. All running nice and dandy; one more Q; can I have wireless at the same time as the PC using internet? No. 2 daughter has a wireless enabled laptop, handy for homework as No. 1 daughter hogs the PC.

TIA

BB

7. msr

msr LE

Yes, of course. Your PC can cable into the router and she can use the wireless. Alternatively you could buy a wireless adaptor for your PC and use them both wirelessly.

msr

8. Hurrah!

9. Have a look at this: XMarks

Back up your bookmarks / favourites to their server and you can see the same favourites on any computer you use. I use it on Firefox on a Mac and Firefox on a PC.

Genius

10. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Hmmmm.

I thought that the whole concept of Cloud Computing had just been shown to be utter tosh? I'd rather carry a USB Key if I wanted a mobile reference.

11. I alwaye use X Marks because I use more than one lap top and it syncs them together automaticaly

12. Psst, but not as betterer as Opera.

Opera did it first and did it better.