Changing capbadge at ATR winchester

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by cferguson, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im going to ATR winchester in March after getting turned down from AFC harrogate as it was full. Even though junior paras dont go to winchester is there a chance before i leave there i could go to the paras? The carrers officer said i could join the guards then go to the guards parachute platoon, but i dont believe that for a second haha!

If anyone could give me some advice that would be great! Thanks

2. it is an option i was told after i failed prac (by a member of guards para platoon). guards para platoon, as the names says, is a platoon of blokes from all 5 guards regs selected to serve in 3 para, its prob tougher to get in there than it is normal para's though because its only a platoon not a battalion or reg. i think i also read some where on here that they might be doing away with GPP because the guards are losing all their best blokes to it and the mount the transfer over to para reg when they have served a while is quite a bit. but im not an expert so dont hold me to that, and your recruiter wouldn lie to you any ways

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.