changing cap badge

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by ISeeTheLight, Feb 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. can i still change cap badge from Royal Signals during phase 1 at ATC Pirbright to Royal Armoured Corps during phase 1?
    Even tho they attend Basic Training at different places?

2. It's possible, If you can though, change before you go to phase 1, saves alot of hassle. I recently changed from REME to RE, my phase 1 date got put back a month, but it's better in the long run.

3. Cheers mate
    Did the recruitment office make a big deal of it?

4. Not really, they just asked me why, I gave them my reasons, they checked to see if I met the criteria to my new choice, which I did.
    They said as far as they're concerned it's no problem.

5. Cheers mate

6. when you have finished all of your training and are actually in your regiment how long do you have to wait b4 you can change cap badges?

7. How longs a piece of string. It can take some time sorting everything out, and depends on how much it's pushed by both parties really. The question is, is it really worth it at that stage?

8. A lot of CO's will deny an requests for transfer when a individual has only arrived at unit straight from training.

Most will defer for several months/years until such time as they're sure that the reasons for transfer are the right ones. Possibly not just a reaction to not getting the posting you wanted. Trade training doesn't come cheap!

Or it could be within days if they sumise that you're a complete tosser and then the SSM/CSM/BSM will be there to pack your bags personally.

Change before starting Phase 1 or state a good case during.