Changing Bank

Skipped straight to page 4 so I'm sure someone's already mentioned First Direct - no complaints with the way they operate (although they're part of HSBC) my current account.
Also have a Starling account which is run as our 'social fund' - very easy to use.

g4eddie

Old-Salt
This - Rings straight through to a UK call centre without the million options.

On the few occasions I have had to ring I have got through pretty much within 5 seconds, god forbid I was on hold for 30 seconds once....

As far as I recall they also use tech that can detect your unique voice tone and helps verify you for security too.
I agree with the above - really straight forward to get hold of as they have uk based call centre.
very helpful with loans etc and borrowing.

Only down side is the lack of branches - must use HSBC (who are crap) and the constant push to sell you more products. - not really an issue as they all go in the bin.

Basically a really nice bank!

Green_Homer

War Hero
I agree with the above - really straight forward to get hold of as they have uk based call centre.
very helpful with loans etc and borrowing.

Only down side is the lack of branches - must use HSBC (who are crap) and the constant push to sell you more products. - not really an issue as they all go in the bin.

Basically a really nice bank!
99.99% of the time I can get things done on the app easily enough.

On occasion I need to pay cash in but just pay it through our Nationwide joint account branch then transfer it across. That's the only real downside I've found and it's negligible in reality.

They don't pay interest on the current account currently however I only keep the bare minimum in it for day to day expenditure (that's what savings accounts are for) so even if it had double digit interest the real figures would be tiny anyway!

They frequently do a £150 joining incentive which equates to much more 'interest' if you only stayed with them for a year.

The £250 interest free overdraft is handy if I have any out of the ordinary purchases and I want to avoid using savings for the sake of a few days before payday.

corby

War Hero
I’m another fan of First Direct, been with them 20+yrs. Their customer service is top notch, not that I’ve had much reason to call them though. Their savings accounts don’t give the greatest % but still, they’re going up. I’ve just opened a Chase account for general everyday use and easy access savings but still get my pension paid directly into FD.

Latest Threads