changing bank details

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Chris_2oo6, May 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does anyone know who i contact to do this??

just opened a new bank account and would like my wages paid into it, do i get in touch with "glasgow" ? whatever that is

anyone got any numbers please, cheers.

2. I did it today as i am posted to Germany shortly. The clerks got me to ring JPA and then i had to speak to them myself and the clerk dealt with the rest. just go into your admin office they should be able to help, but the upshot is you ring JPA yourself so if you can get the number then you are sorted.

3. Mil: 94561 3600
    UK Freephone: 0800 085 3600
    Civil: 0141 224 3600

4. Would advise you NOT to close down old bank account until you have confirmed that all wages have gone into new account!

5. thank you

6. That's good advice.

You're supposed to be able to transfer all your Standing Orders & Direct Debits automatically, but it's worth checking that they've transferred across properly too.

PB

7. just rang

said my unit need to give me a memorable password or something?

1st ive heard of that :?

8. Do you already have a german bank account then, which bank are you with?

9. who do i speak to for this "memorable word"

10. I believe that once you are on JPA that is you have a login and password we were told that the memorable word is set at your national insurance number which is on your pay statement. You can change it though. I just got to 7 Sigs and the clerks there were sitting everyone down and taking them through the JPA system and you had to make a password which had to have special characters in it but they did mention a memorable word and i think you can change it to your favourite footy team or favourite colour. hope this helps.

11. I believe that once you are on JPA that is you have a login and password we were told that the memorable word is set at your national insurance number which is on your pay statement. You can change it though. I just got to 7 Sigs and the clerks there were sitting everyone down and taking them through the JPA system and you had to make a password which had to have special characters in it but they did mention a memorable word and i think you can change it to your favourite footy team or favourite colour. hope this helps.

12. Yes, memorable word is defaulted to your NI number.

13. guys, when your JPA account is set up, you are set up with a memorable word, which is usually your national insurance number or your town of birth.

it's amazing how many people don't know what their national insurance number is, but as was mentioned above, you can change it, and here is how:

log into your JPA using your username and password that you are issued with.

from the first screen you see after log in, you will see a few links on the left hand side of the page, click on the link that says SELF SERVICE EMPLOYEE, ARMED FORCES.

you will see a second list of links appear just to the right, about half way down the list there is a link called ID VERIFICATION, click on it.

now click on the link to add a memorable word.

select a favourite question (ie favourite sports team, fave colour, fave car, mothers maiden name)

now type in an answer (please bear in mind it MUST have at least 8 characters otherwise it won't work).

TIP: if the word you are thinking of has less than 8 characters, add a number onto the end

click on submit or save, you should see a message telling you your changes have been applied.

now the next time you phone up JPA they will ask you for 2 random characters from the memorable word.

i would definitely recommend calling JPAC EC to change your bank details, they know what they're doing more than the unit admin do, as the procedure for adding the bank details is overly complicated.

14. Thats ****ing laughable. JPAC EC are on the whole the most useless set of twats I have ever come across.

15. i tried doing it through my admin office out in theatre

gave them the details etc but wages still went in old account

now i'm back in the uk i've just rang jpa and give them the details.. hopefully this should be sorted